Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: FIFA 19 random crash/freeze issue on PC

by doodaz

Original Post

Highlighted

FIFA 19 random crash/freeze issue on PC

★★★★ Novice

Installed the game yesterday and have had three instances of it randomly crashing and freezing my PC. I've been playing Career Mode and it happened on the home screen, a transfer negotiation cut-screen and then as I was saving my game. Everytime it happens, the music soundtrack always goes 'funny', like it peters out into some strange robotic-type noise, then falls silent and the game completely freezes. I have to switch my computer off at the mains in order to reboot.

I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers and tried the game on different graphic level settings, yet it still happens. Anybody else experiencing this problem? Any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 15 (17,709 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Same thing here. For me its during playing a match and switching tabs/loading screen. During gameplay the chanting of the crowd they sound robotic or no chanting at all for a couple minutes and during half-time or end of the match there is absolutely no music. Switching tabs or loading screen takes a couples seconds to load and has the music freezing and half the time it will crash. It only happened once before the update and after the update its does this constantly.

Message 2 of 15 (17,676 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It may not be related to the same error type but I've read on another forum that players were experiencing game freezes whilst playing with DirectX 12. Some people reported that after switching to DirectX 11 it seemed to solve the issue. As I say, it may not work but it's worth a try. Also perhaps try playing in windowed mode or turning EA trax off. Im going to try these later, will let you know if I have any success.

Message 3 of 15 (17,626 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ok, so I've just been playing for a couple of hours with DirectX 11 setting and I encountered no problems at all. It's early days and I won't know if this is the solution until a good few more sessions but hopefully this is the answer. Hope it works for you too.

Message 4 of 15 (17,549 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

This has been happening to me very often for the last couple of weeks. The problem starts happening with the sound in FIFA bugging out then any new asset or GUI item stops loading. Alt tabbing out to windows works but everything stops responding on my desktop and the only solution is to hard reboot my computer.

I've been trying to troubleshoot it for nearly 2 weeks now, tried everything possible. I was even thinking I had issues with my GPU, CPU, RAM or any of my storage drives. Can someone please tell me this is still happening to him/her too and I'm not having hardware problems?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 15 (15,582 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hey. Running the game on DirectX 11 has solved the issue for me. Not sure what else could solve the problem but I hope you find a solution. 

Message 6 of 15 (15,533 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

hi , did you fix your problem ?

Message 7 of 15 (14,675 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I don't think it's a DirectX 11 fix. This issue has been happening for me even after I changed my settings to DirectX 11. The frequency has dropped but it still happens, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Not sure how to further troubleshoot.

Message 8 of 15 (14,649 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

how did you resolve it?

Message 9 of 15 (12,199 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Hi,

I had the same exact issue which you are facing. while playing Fifa 19 game the sound stops in play, after half time it shows stadium cut scenes. If I press windows key it will go to not responding state and my system will get freeze. I need to hard reboot my system everytime.
Then i found the cause of this issue is due to high temperature. I installed new liquid cooler to my cpu. Afterwards I tested the game and it worked like charm!!! So far I didn't faced any crash on FIFA 19. So I would suggest you to check your system temperature.
Message 10 of 15 (12,181 Views)
Twitter Stream