FIFA 19 crashes while playing - DirectX12 Error appears

by alpet666

Original Post

Re: FIFA 19 crashes while playing - DirectX12 Error appears

★ Guide

This crashes still on. Yeah it is true, but sometimes I can play with no crash. (Maybe only FUT MODE). But I Join the carrer mode and Crashes is starting to come. If you want to get the crashes from time to time Lock FPS 60 and first, take the settings DX11 start the game and (tick dx 12 but game is still open) restart the game to make dx12 or reset the settings and make your own settings again. Yeah, unfortunately, there's no escape from the crashes. But it's not annoying at least

Message 51 of 110 (2,452 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So do I. Last night, i was played game. I trying with DX 11 and test on win 8. Its play normal. Now i will fix again on win 10. @@ Maybe wait path from EA

Message 52 of 110 (2,343 Views)

★★ Novice
So the vSync trick defidently did the trick for me. I've been playing for 3 nights now and not one crash. Used to have problems getting through one match.
Message 53 of 110 (2,311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What do u mean with vSync? I see no such video synchronization option in the game parameters...

Message 54 of 110 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Its part of the 3D setting in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Message 55 of 110 (2,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I purchased Fifa 18 for my PC, I was really excited. The game worked fine under DX12 but then after a while, it started crashing. I've updated my drivers, re-installed my Windows as EA support suggested but in the end, the game just crashed. Neither on DX11 or DX12. I tried running the game under minimum setting's, it still was malfunctioning. 

Now, I have the same issue with Fifa 19. Yeah, it crashes during career mode, with the same error as everyone mentioned. I have 2 GTX 1080 Ti's in SLI mode, so this game should be literally flying, but it's not. All in all, I just don't understand on how EA isn't reacting on this issue when everyone is definitely recognizing this problem. I will not contact EA support because based on my experience, I will not re-install my Windows or do anything else. It's clear that a patch is needed as soon as possible. Every other game works like a charm on my PC, expect Fifa, where I love to play Standard smile 

Message 56 of 110 (2,238 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue on FIFA 18 and 19. At the end, the only solution was the reinstallation of W10.

Message 57 of 110 (2,228 Views)

★ Apprentice

Good morning again,

I contacted Nvidia by e-mail and by phone. They told me that the problem is only and exclusively

of EA Sports because their drivers with directx 12 work with all the other games / programs and that

the problem occurred after an update of EA, so it is EA itself that has to solve the problem.

And it's quite scandalous that in 2 weeks nothing has moved.

In addition there is also another bug that afflicts the PC players of Fifa 19, or the audience cracks on the most excited occasions

as goals or actions near the goal, always after the update.

Please EASports to provide an update and above all not to give wrong advice to

customers like to reinstall all the game and the client of origin or

update the video drivers. The video drivers, since we are not naive, are obviously updated otherwise

we would not have moved the problem.

Message 58 of 110 (2,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@demadavide Well done for contacting nVidia and thanks for sharing that with us!

Perfectly agreed with you. It's outrageous. After paying so much money, not being able to play the game should be embarrassing for EA. And thinking about the fact that for me it was all good before the update, it's even more weird and disgraceful that the game isn't working properly after the update. What's the reason behind an update? Isn't it improvement and fixing old bugs? I reinstalled the game, I have the latest drivers, my PC is powerful enough, my Windows is as clean as possible, I repaired FIFA 19 through Origin, I did everything I could and I still get the sound cracks from the audience at the stadiums, I still get the crashes before even trying to play a game every single time I enter Career Mode or the UEFA Champions League Mode and in fact, I get it with no reason anywhere or anytime in the game.

I would've liked an honest refund for this situation, but hey, I'm not eligible anymore. It's so hypocrite to call me not eligible to request a refund because of a weird system you have, in a moment where the game I paid for doesn't work anymore and the problem hasn't been fixed after almost two weeks if I am not wrong.

Message 59 of 110 (2,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, quick update for all of you suffering for the similar technical incompetency from EA Sport.

Spent an hour with EA technical support team to "resolve" the issue. 

They guided me through the game reset with %AppData% folder cleaning and Fifa 19 installation "Repair". Tech support promised that this is a "validated workaround for a problem", but unfortunately it DOESN'T WORK! 

Things we know :

1) EA clearly knows about this problem and tech support recommending useless workarounds 

2) This is NOT a hardware issue

3) It's definitely FIFA and NVidia driver issue, which should be fixed by EA. Reverting to older drivers had mixed results, latest Nvidia drivers (10/15/18) doesn't solve the problem. 

4) Clicking noise is a second commonly described glitch of the latest FIFA update

EA, this is not an acceptable way to treat your customers. Yes, we all know by know that EA doesn't have robust testing process, but at least be frank with all of us and provide an update. Don't force us to perform useless "cleaning" , reinstall and other * that just doesn't work. 

And lastly, for the first time I'm happy that I bought EA Origin subscription instead of the real game, because I can cancel it anytime , instead of working as a free Quality Assurance tester for your buggy software. 

Message 60 of 110 (2,118 Views)