Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 19 crashes on PC Windows 7

by PtePepper69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 19 crashes on PC Windows 7

★★★★ Novice

Hello EA staff. The game crashes/freezes up my computer with : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a drive upgrade for the video card has occured.") GPU: "", Driver."*****". This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers....

My rig is fully updated, all drivers and works fine on other games such as Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty's, Dying Light etc.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, with a MSI GTX1060 3 gig ram, i7 3770k, 16 gig RAM, MSI curved gaming monitor 144hz, Corsair 650w.

I've cleared caches, reinstalled Origin, FIFA 19, tried all the other methods listed on these forums by many people who are having the same problem.

The game is fine on load up, going through the options. It's fine going into one-on-one with the goalkeeper. It's usually fine with the skill games. Sometimes if clicking on the animated window in the options settings (info/new sign-ups etc) that will crash the game. Sometimes I will get a match or two and sometimes it will crash launching into a match, whether career, tournament etc.

My graphics card is fully updated, never had a problem on another game, nor another program.

I've read through numerous comments from other people and they too have trouble with DX11 or DX12, either on Windows 7 or 10. I've even tried fullscreen, windowed and other permutations in the options. The game has sometimes froze while the audio is still running.

If possible, please try to play the game using the same rig and you'll see you'll have problems. To add, when it runs, it's like butter off a hot knife - no problems at all.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 19 crashes on PC Windows 7

Community Manager

The error you are seeing @PtePepper69 is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The error you are seeing @PtePepper69 is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Message 2 of 4 (121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello there,

thank you for the reply. It's not my rig. It plays all other AAA games without fault. Only FIFA 19 freezes/crashes every time I try to play. The game's now useless....so I won't be buying FIFA 20 nor any other.

All my drivers are up to date, GTX MSI 10603gb card, i7 3770k rig, 16 gig of RAM. Reinstalled the game...Origin...cleaned caches....I have a Corsair TX650w, plenty to run anything. Tried all game graphics (not that my rig has any problem running demanding games such as Dishonored 2, COD, Far Cry 4 etc.)  It's the game - it's not been fixed to run on Windows 7 64bit. Plenty of other people are on these boards with the same problem - all with high end rigs, better than mine. Rather than address the problem and fault check it, EA's end - they've just said, 'Oh well, we have their money, onto our next game FIFA 20'. The gaming industry is one of the few places where products are released not entirely working properly. Can you imagine Jaguar cars saying to customers, 'Well buy it now and we'll patch it up over the next couple of years...that's if we can be bothered to sort you out before our next model'. Terrible service.

Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PtePepper69 I understand your frustration but the error message you are seeing points to an issue with your GPU and not, in fact, FIFA 19. Just because you do not have issues with other games does not mean that the issue is not with your GPU.  Did you try the steps I suggested above?

Darko

Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help