FIFA 19 Settings not saving - bug?

by DuffmanWBA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 19 Settings not saving - bug?

★★★ Newbie

For some reason none of my customised settings on PS4 FIFA19 carry over when I start a game. I change the controller settings to alternate in the main menu but whenever I start a match it reverts back to classic.

Similarly whenever I set up any new tactics pre-match they always revert back to whatever the defaults were.

Are these bugs that are being addressed?

Message 1 of 29 (28,851 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 19 Settings not saving - bug?

Community Manager

@AK99ways2die Super odd. Can you both try going into the Customize Menu on the far right side of FIFA's main menu and then selecting Profile - Delete and then delete anything in there that isn't a save file. Then let me know if this persists?

Thanks! 

EACade

View in thread

Message 7 of 29 (28,287 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DuffmanWBA Sorry for the delay, is this still happening?

EACade
Message 2 of 29 (28,553 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, for me this issue is still persistent. When we play on my account and my friend logs in on his account (which he did the day before aswell, and made his custimized settings) my settings are still saved, but he has to redo his customized settings

Message 3 of 29 (28,521 Views)

★ Apprentice
having same issue, any fix?
Message 4 of 29 (28,456 Views)

★ Novice
Dear Cade, I find it rather unprofessional that we have to wait ages for a single reply regarding the issue. It has been adressed 6 weeks ago and the only comment persisting is: “is this still happening?” When is EA going to actively work on the issue instead of trying to let it die?
Message 5 of 29 (28,329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Add 2 more people to the list.

I play friendlies ONLINE vs my father in law.

I'm in NJ, he's in NY.

Each and every game the same thing happens to BOTH OF US:
Accept invite, pick teams and colors.

Change default before-game formation(s) and tactics.

Start playing - enter menus.....ALL changes previously made reset to default or worse (how can defense be pushed all the way up to 1/2 pitch line??)

Play regardless to half time, enter that break menu - look up and see formation reset again to default...along with tactics/stc.

This happens EVERY game.

(never, even have we run into such problems in the last 7+ years if FIFA).

EA_whoever:
Can you guys please at the very least acknowledge these reports, and perhaps provide a root cause?
Dare I ask for resolution?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 29 (28,311 Views)

Community Manager

@AK99ways2die Super odd. Can you both try going into the Customize Menu on the far right side of FIFA's main menu and then selecting Profile - Delete and then delete anything in there that isn't a save file. Then let me know if this persists?

Thanks! 

EACade
Message 7 of 29 (28,288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for re: Cade.

Will try your suggestions and report back late this evening or tomorrow AM (EST).

Message 8 of 29 (28,281 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. Let us know! 

EACade
Message 9 of 29 (28,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey,

Profile reset (deleted all saves and it re-populated) seems to have done the trick.

...at least for my "home" team, whic his good.

Side Q:
I didn't get a chance to play 1vs1 friendly online so I couldn't test the second part of the issue...but, let me ask you this if you don't mind:
Will (or are they supposed to) changes to ANY chosen team save and stick once in a 1vs1 game?

When I start he game and my default team shows up on scree it does have the correct saved formations+tactics; when i change to a different team, then choose formation before the game starts  -  I'd imagine this SHOULD remain saved as chosen, at least till the end of the match (which is what was being reset to default constantly).  

Is it coded to save only for the particuler game's duration, or will these settings remain for any other time a game is played with that team?

Thanks again Cade.

Glad to see you participating and answering us here.

Message 10 of 29 (28,252 Views)