Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: FIFA 19 - Career Mode Crashes (Post Latest Title Update) (PC)

by Bolesting

Original Post

FIFA 19 - Career Mode Crashes (Post Latest Title Update) (PC)

★★★★★ Newbie

The career mode keeps crashing after the latest title update. I have tried over 50 times and faced the same problem even after restarting the pc (assuming the problem is on my pc). All the other modes work fine. 

I have attached a dropbox link for the screen recording of the underlying issue and I hope this helps to resolve the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1541mwqd6o5oxg/FIFA%2019%20-%20Career%20Mode%20Technical%20Issue.mp4?dl=0

Message 1 of 9 (3,281 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here. Only installed it yesterday. Played all night then today after the patch it just crashes when trying to continue a career.

Message 2 of 9 (3,266 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Same here

Message 3 of 9 (3,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, I switched the render option from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11. I played 3 games in a row without any crash. So this seems to be the solution, at least for me. Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (3,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was having the same exact crash sequence.  I uninstalled and reinstalled but also switched to DX11 instead of DX12 and one of those two things fixed the issue.

Try switching DX11 to DX12 first.

Message 5 of 9 (3,211 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I had my DX choice on Auto and I switched it to DX 12, which did the trick and now it works perfectly fine. Cheers! 

Message 6 of 9 (3,128 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hey! It is crashing again, even after switching to DX12. I think there's really some problem with the game, I have never faced this issue before in any of the previous FIFA titles and this has all happened after the update.
Message 7 of 9 (3,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep my career mode randomly crashes since the latest patch, they seem to have broken a lot of the game that they charge so much for - at the very least they should give us the ability to revert patches so we can play the game in a stable state this is beyond a joke.

Message 8 of 9 (2,976 Views)

★★★★ Novice
where can I find this update?
Message 9 of 9 (2,702 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help