FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

by solidsnake962

Original Post

Re: FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, I started it with transfer window closed, anyone else the same??

LATER EDIT: I just tested with a new career where transfer window was open and in january I offered a precontract to Wilshere, and he came to the team in JUL 2018. So yes, the problem is from the closed transfer window, I think we need to say good bye to our old carrers Frown

Message 71 of 187 (4,474 Views)

★ Guide
We know it's a problem because we disable the transfer window. That's been established a long time ago. It's still a major bug because that carries on even after the next season's transfer window (if you agree terms with a player before the window opens). So basically, disabling the first transfer window will throw the transfer system all off. This is not acceptable for a game that costs at least 50 bucks.
Message 72 of 187 (4,392 Views)

★★ Novice
Fifa 17 had same bugs with not processing precontract transfers and guess I just wasted more hours to not receive players paid for ruining my career. Wtf EA how is this not fixed by now from tests and troubleshooting? Ruins the budgeting and career mode.
Message 73 of 187 (4,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How has this still not been fixed a fortnight after it was identified? How about a simple acknowledgement of the issue?

I feel sorry for the thousands of people who will have started a career mode with the initial transfer window disabled.  Most of them probably won't even know their game is utterly borked until they hit the following summer's window.  If they're playing at a leisurely pace, that might take weeks or even months to arrive at.  I finished a season in the middle of the week and only noticed the issue at that point.  Great to know that I've just put in a few hours for nothing.

So yeah, nice to know that career mode is in this state and nothing has been done about it and there hasn't even been a simple acknowledgement of the issue.

Message 74 of 187 (3,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Under the rules of football. Players under 23 CANNOT be signed on a ore contract agreement. Regardless of the state of their remaining contract. Just the rules I'm afraid
Message 75 of 187 (3,922 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Thanks, we know that. The bug concerned player older than 23.
Message 76 of 187 (3,917 Views)

★ Guide
I wish people would stop posting the rules about U-23 players. We have addressed that. We know that. Read the thread.
Message 77 of 187 (3,907 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't seem to have an issue with players joining my club on a pre-negotiated contract, but when I enter the contract negotiations, although I have plenty of money it changes it to £0 transfer budget and £122,000 wage budget.
This makes signing world class players virtually impossible.
On top of having the Career mode crash where I can't play some signed players, Fifa is basically unplayable for me.
I hate FUT, though I wish I didn't because if there was an issue with that it would have been fixed by now.
Pull your finger out EA we all paid for the game.
Message 78 of 187 (3,899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I never had any pre contract bugs with FIFA 17...at least, I don't remember having any bugs.

I'm not trying to defend EA, but you only roll out so many patches in so many weeks. That being said, it's just inexcusable to have a glitch this bad that wasn't fixed in beta or something. Career mode is basically unplayable for me at this point...and that's the only reason I have FIFA.

Message 79 of 187 (3,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've also had this problem. It's been established previously that it has occurred due to disabling the 1st Summer Transfer Window. Though, I have simmed forward into the 2nd Season and the problem does resolve itself.

However I've found two other problems when both enabling or disabling the 1st Summer Transfer Window to have occurred:

1) When selling players the board allocates your funds. You do not get the full amount they state. Moreover, you do not get the full wage or any of the player's wage. I'm not sure if the latter is supposed to happen but compared to FIFA 17 you would always get what the board allocates and the wage the player was on back into your wage budget.

2) Signing a player through a pre-contract agreement does not result in your wage budget declining in contrast to FIFA 17. Therefore, you can just move all your budget into wage budget and sign multiple players with no consequence as your wage budget will not decrease. The only repercussion faced is next season with profit/loss margin. 

I'm not sure if the 2 other problems are considered "normal" or if I'm only experiencing them, however I have just noted them as there is a discrepancy to FIFA 17. It is a big shame once again that EA can't get things right. This glitch didn't even occur in FIFA 17 but occurs now. You expect them to be improving yet there is always new glitches to be found every year.

Message 80 of 187 (3,762 Views)