Re: FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

by FredrikDerbomber

Original Post

★ Guide

Weird?...okaaaaay. Well, since your like the 3rd or more person to say it happens in the next window, it gets a bit frustrating. 

Message 141 of 187 (1,941 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I m here from the biginning of the tread. Maybe could be less frustrating if we edit the first post with the "january arriving tips."
Message 142 of 187 (1,803 Views)

★ Novice

Hello from me,
I 've just finished my first season with Middlesbrough. After a tough season I managed to promote to Premier League through the playoffs. During January I agreed with 7 players to join the club for the new season and most of them are really necessary to survive in the Premier League. Furthermore I started the second season and can't turn back because I've played world cup matches, I am now on July 12th. Is there any way to save my career and fix this bug? It was really tough promoting from the EFL to Premier League and I would not like to lose my progress. Thanks!!

Message 143 of 187 (1,771 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey man

Sorry to break it to you but no. I've tried everything, even calling ea support. They told me to restore licenses from the ps4 menu, then go to initialization and restore to default settings, then start in safe mode and restore database. I did those, and even those don't help. It's a completely in game bug that needs to be fixed with an update so we're in ea's hands at this point. I know this is a major blow to your ambitions with regards to your future in the game, but hang tight in the prem for just one half season and all of your players will arrive. I think until ea does something this thread is virtually meaningless as the same question keeps being asked around; what we can do is, all of us having the problem, which is everyone playing career mode, to call ea and file complaints and perhaps if they get complaints from enough people they'll release an update to fix it.
Message 144 of 187 (1,737 Views)

★ Novice

Well I used the financial takeover boost so I will get a good budget to prepare for the Premier League and during January I will sell some players because my squad will become too big. The bug made me use a cheat.
Thanks!

Message 145 of 187 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

This still isn't fixed?  Has there at least been an acknowledgement from EA? 

Message 146 of 187 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Novice
There's been no fix, and no acknowledgement from EA. I have a save from just before the end of the first season, and keep on trying various things - such as signing other free agents, removing the pre-contract signings from the shortlist, just to try and glitch the players into joining, but nothing works.

For the people who have gone to January in the second season - do you have to have wage budget set aside for the players for when they join? Or are their wages already included in your second season budget?
Message 147 of 187 (1,505 Views)

★★ Novice

THey have to be 23 before they're approachable.

Message 148 of 187 (1,433 Views)

★ Novice
What can I do to get these players?
Message 149 of 187 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

guys pretty good news, i talked to a game advisor today and he said that a new patch would come today and he thinks that the bug will be fixed then! but nothing is 100% sure Standard smile

Message 150 of 187 (1,333 Views)