Re: FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

by Y09H1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I did the same thing (saved the game before the end of the season) and I'm praying so we can continue our current saved games with this bug fixed. I don't want to restart my Carrer Mode and lose the hours, the training points and the scouting points I invested in my first saved game.

Message 61 of 187 (4,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue for getting players signed on an expired contract, I did some research on youtube and a comment mentioned that if you sign, or loan a player on winter transfer window they will arrive or leave on the next winter transfer window ! After a year not on the next transfer window !!!
Did you try it ???
Message 62 of 187 (4,366 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

still no reply from EA ? ........

Message 63 of 187 (4,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Guys unfortunately i am almost sure that EA wont be intrested in solving this issue soon, as i think they dont see any bug !
I did a lot of research and found through youtube video that any player who has an expired contract and you buy in winter transfer window will arrive next winter transfer window and not directly when the transfer window openes !
I tried it and it worked !
Even the players which i accepted to loan out during the first season left the club in the winter transfer window of next season. I signed 4 players with an expired contract on Jauary 2018 they arrived January 2019 !!!!!
So i guess EA wont look at this matter but this is really a big failure for such a game and specially for Career mode players
Message 64 of 187 (4,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Don't forget to click on the button below the original message of this topic (on the first page) for say "I have the ******** same problem" to EA. I don't think it will change someting but it's better to try than doing nothing.

And of curse EA will do nothing cause career mode isn't intresting for them. The most important is people continue p(l)aying to FUT and buy more and more items. Our type of gamer isn't very important for EA, we payed the game once we play hours to the same mode without put more money on this game.

Very very sad world Standard smile

Message 65 of 187 (4,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

Experiencing this issue as well. Cannot believe it's been TWO WEEKS since this thread was created and no response from EA yet! What kind of customer service is this?

Message 66 of 187 (4,239 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Guys. I just finished talking with an EA rep on the online chat. I will copy the conversation here so you can take your own conclusion. Unfortunatelly, it looks like EA doesn't even know about the problem.

Christopher Thanks for contacting EA Help, my name is Christopher. How may I assist you today?

youHi! The Manager Career Mode for all Platforms has a bug. From January 1st it is known we can sign players who are in the last 6 months of their contracts. These players should arrive on July 1st of the next season. However, they are arriving just on January 1st of the next season, one year after we signed them. This is happening not only with the player's team, but with every other CPU teams. I know EA already knows about it because there is a lot of topics about it created by the players on EA’s website. There are videos on youtube about it. There is people complaining on EA’s facebook, twiter etc. This bug was reported before the 1st correction patch, and still EA didn’t fix the problem. There is a lot of players, like me, who buy the game for the Career Mode. EA is passing an awful image not worrying about this Mode’s problems. Looks like EA only cares about the online modes, because it gives money to the company when the players buy the game and, after, when they want more coins to play online. But what about the Career Mode players. We too payed an expensive game to play this Mode, but it makes no sense with this bug. I want to know if EA is working on this problem???

Christopher Hmm I'm not sure off the top of my head if this being worked on, but I will take a look into that issue for you. May I ask who am I speaking with today? Also what is your Origin email or Origin ID or Console gamer tag?

youSure! I'm Rodolfo (from Brazil). My origin e-mail is ******. My console is PS4 and my game tag is ******.

Christopher Nice to meet you Rodolfo checking for the account info now and I'll also check some known issues for FIFA

youOkay! I will put here the link to the topic created on EA's website: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIFA-18-career-mode-pre-contract-bug/m-p/6286960#M833

youYou can see it was created before the 1st correction patch and has a lot of players complaining about it. Also, some of them reported they talked on the phone with EA reps. So I'm pretty sure EA should know about it by now.

Christopher Ok after checking for our known issues for FIFA 18 I didn't find this issue to be an issue that is currently in the works so what I can do is submit this as feedback and I see that you have already done so on the forums. Then hopefully they will pick this issue up.

youIs there some way I can keep updated about the problem solution?

Christopher I did see an issue that was being worked on with Career Mode on 10/9/17, but its not the same issue you're speaking of

Christopher Mostly the only way to keep updated on whats going on with FIFA is to check the forums and keep an eye on the FIFA twitter page.

youOk. Can you tell what problem is this one being worked?

Christopher Yes there is an issue with Career Mode Transfer Market crashing that is currently being worked on

youThe problem I'm talking about is about the transfer market. So hopefully EA could fix the two of them. Anyway, I ask you to give this feedback with some sord of enphasis Cristopher. There is a lot of players who stopped playing the game waiting for this problem's solution.

Christopher Sure thing Rodolfo I'll submit your case and we'll both cross our fingers and hope that this will be fixed soon

youI'll be waiting. Thank you for your attention Christopher!
Christopher You're welcome

We located your account , Verified it , and I'm going to submit your case as feedback. Is there anything else I can help you with at this moment?

youNo. Thanks!

Christopher Alright Rodolfo you can find other information about Origin and our games on help.ea.com and http://answers.ea.com .
You can close the chat by clicking the End Chat button, other than that if there is nothing else thank you for contacting EA help and you have a great day!
Message 67 of 187 (3,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How the **** it takes such a long time for them to find there is that bug when everybody has it and reported it?

Message 68 of 187 (3,982 Views)

★★★ Novice

I figured it out, it is because we started career mode with tranfer windows off in first season. Look like we have to start career mode over again Frown

https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/74f60m/when_are_ea_going_to_fix_the_precontract_glitch...

Message 69 of 187 (3,977 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Anyone under the age of 23 you will not be able to sign when 6 months are left on their contract. Think it's something to do with them been too young and binding of contract .
Message 70 of 187 (3,959 Views)