FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? solidsnake962
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the career mode, players that you sigin on a pre-contract (so players whose contracts expire in 6 months) don't join your team when you enter your second season. So how to find bug yourself: Step 1: sign a player on a pre-contract ( in the january transfer window), so players like Kwadwo Asamoah. Step 2: When your first season finishes, enter your second season, you will see that the players who where supposed to join your team at the start of the second season, don't join.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the career mode, players that you sigin on a pre-contract (so players whose contracts expire in 6 months) don't join your team when you enter your second season. So for example if you sign a player like Kwadwo Asamoah on a pre-contract during the january transfer window of the first season(because his contract expires in 6 months). In the transfer hub he will have the following description: "We've agreed pre-contract terms with Kwadwo Asamoah. He will join the team as soon as the transfer window opens." However when you finish your first season and start your second season, you will see that he didin't join your team. If you now(during the summer transfer window at the start of the second season) check his description in the transfer hub it will say: "The player already signed a pre-contract agreement with another club and will not be available for any transfer negotiations." Which is clearly a bug since it was your team/ you who came to a pre-contract agreement with this player.
What should be happening instead? The players that you sign on a pre-contract should be joining your team at the start of the second season.

In the career mode, players that you sigin on a pre-contract (so players whose contracts expire in 6 months) don't join your team when you enter your second season. So for example if you sign a player like Kwadwo Asamoah on a pre-contract during the january transfer window of the first season(because his contract expires in 6 months). In the transfer hub he will have the following description: "We've agreed pre-contract terms with Kwadwo Asamoah. He will join the team as soon as the transfer window opens." However when you finish your first season and start your second season, you will see that he didin't join your team. If you now(during the summer transfer window at the start of the second season) check his description in the transfer hub it will say: "The player already signed a pre-contract agreement with another club and will not be available for any transfer negotiations." Which is clearly a bug since it was your team/ you who came to a pre-contract agreement with this player.

EDIT: Hey everyone, i can confirm that if you download the latest patch/update, the bug will be fixed. However(!), you do need to start a new career mode(fresh start). I'm still amazed that it took EA 2 months(!!!) to fix this bug...

Message 1 of 187 (90,401 Views)

Re: FIFA 18 career mode pre-contract bug

★★★★ Novice
Same happening in my game. Also with players who leave my club on pre-contract offers.
E.g.: Cazorla signed with Barcelona in January. Next transfer window, he is still in my team.
Further to that, Bellerin was purchased in the last hour of Transfer Window. I received the fee but he has never left.
Message 2 of 187 (90,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah same for me. I have reached agreement with 2 players in January. They never came in my team.

Another strange thing in my situation :

I am playing with Basaksehir (Turkish League) and Gökhan Inler diseappered from my team with Emre Belezoglu.

Some will say "Emre has 37 at the end of the season and is probably retired in your carreer", but I never had any information

about his retirement during the season, even in his profil (Squad hub).

Some players are not joining and some are diseappering !

Message 3 of 187 (89,976 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me.

I also have had multiple players signed on a pre-contract outside the transfer window never join the team at the next transfer window.

Message 4 of 187 (89,956 Views)

★★ Apprentice
have this bug too. Xbox 1. also, listed lots of players for sale and loan and no offers. the offers i get on others fall because of negotiations. always. I won against Bayern Munich because they forfeited, they didnt have a squad. this is extremely frustrating. bought Fifa 18 mainly for the career mode and had lots of hours lost on it. I want my money back.
Message 5 of 187 (89,835 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have the same issue. Although I simmed through to the January window (during second season of course) and all the transfers went through.
So it seems the bug delays all transfers until the window after the one they should have arrived in. This was the case for normal transfers, loan signings and pre contract agreements.

It's BS. A billion dollar game developer can't be bothered to employ a game tester and see if there are major bugs to be dealt with.
Message 6 of 187 (89,826 Views)

★ Apprentice

I experienced the same thing as TS. Career mode is unplayable in this state, unfortunatley I invested a lot of hours before encountering this bug. Frown

Also, why can't we approach players under 23 years of age?

Message 7 of 187 (89,690 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i think u can approach them now, cant u?

but im having the same trouble with player an precontracts. and plyers thatll leave the club dont go. really annoying

Message 8 of 187 (89,676 Views)

★ Apprentice
Milan goalie Donnarumma 18yo isnt approachable in first season, even though his contract reaches below 6 months.
Message 9 of 187 (89,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have the exact same problem. Just spend the weekend playing as United, which I guess I’ll just have to delete now. Very annoyed. Ea need to fix this quickly.
Message 10 of 187 (89,552 Views)