FIFA 18 Career mode match won't start.

by helicop22

Original Post

Re: FIFA 18 Career mode match won't start.

★★★★ Novice

I fixed it for me. You can not change your quad before starting a match like Pupusatero said. Once you enter any settings menu the players you see in the background when choosing kits disappear and you will not be able to start a match. You can't even go back and change kits, the two players won't appear again either. Hope EA will see and fix this soon.

Message 11 of 58 (2,847 Views)

★ Novice

Try to change the settings for the DIRECTX! I use a gtx 1070 and after I've changed to DX 11, it works fine!

Message 12 of 58 (2,824 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it only happens when you choose to download latest squad but default works for some reason maybe the new presentation package is broken

Message 13 of 58 (2,820 Views)

★★ Novice

I would like to report a very similar glitch. Firstly, the one stated originally happened to me. However, after restarting I found a new glitch, which is where I can get to the mini game before the match begins, however the match then never loads.

Please fix this, as my CM is currently unplayable.

Message 14 of 58 (2,792 Views)

★★ Novice

3 teams- happened in all 3 saves. Played multiple games first but happens in last two weeks of August every time. I'm on play station and get the CE 34878-0 error. I think this is the second or third straight year this has happened. Any chance this will be adressed in the first pitch.

Message 15 of 58 (2,708 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that too. EA has got to fix this on launch day!

Message 16 of 58 (2,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have noticed it does it only when I have a specific player in the starting lineup. I believe it has to do with the quick sub issue
Message 17 of 58 (2,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same, are you noticing any coincidences with quick sub (more specifically players you have sold who were active quick subs)?
Message 18 of 58 (2,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tested this on my save, and no, it doesn't matter who I have set as quick subs or the starting XI.  Still crashes if you go into team sheet.

Message 19 of 58 (2,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has EA addressed this issue at all?  It is a week after launch and there has been a patch and this issue is still occurring.  If EA is not going to address a fix I will be requesting a refund or having my card charge the game back.

Message 20 of 58 (2,562 Views)