Original Post

FIFA 18 Career mode match won't start.

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? helicop22
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Started a career mode with man city, bought a couple of players, extendet some contracts, simulated through the pre season tournament. I got to the final and wanted to play it but I couldn't. Simulated the final and wanted to play the first game of the season and couldn't again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Right before the training usually starts before the match should start, there is a black screen like its loading but then the main menu background appears and nothing else happens.
What should be happening instead? The match is supposed to start.

Started a career mode with man city, bought a couple of players, extendet some contracts, simulated through the pre season tournament. I got to the final and wanted to play it but I couldn't. Simulated the final and wanted to play the first game of the season and couldn't again. Right before the training usually starts before the match should start, there is a black screen like its loading but then the main menu background appears and nothing else happens.

Message 1 of 58 (13,666 Views)

Re: FIFA 18 Career mode match won't start.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Happens in kick off and career no matter who i play as hope it gets fixed. i run on max settings and 1080p

Message 2 of 58 (13,632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It started once for me but I had to restart because it was lagging so bad. Demo was running perfectly on max settings and fifa 17 did as well.

Message 3 of 58 (13,627 Views)

★ Novice

Fifa 18 isnt lagging for me though just that glitch

Message 4 of 58 (13,625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue.

First time i enter the Career mode i can play 1 match but if i go and play a 2nd match it just gives me a blank screen (football stadium) after selecting kits.

Happens everytime.

Message 5 of 58 (13,595 Views)

★★ Novice

i get the same thing,EA better fix this

Message 6 of 58 (13,572 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this too. 
My Feyenoord Career is running fine, even league games so far.

But The Real Madrid Career...Well I was burning to finaly play a home game, after the pre-season tournament, but the game got stuck in the training mode before the match started. I tried reloading and eventually simulating the match but even the next match in that career keeps getting stuck. My Feyenoord Career still seems to work fine though.

All that false loading did cost me a lot of time and some compensation for the loss on the 10 hours would be appreciated, if it gets fixed, at all..

There is a shocking lot of bugs if you ask me, I had started 1 match were the screen ended up being very blurry and i had to restart the game...
Crowd seems to respond late to goals...

Again no option to assign custom goaltunes to teams....

Again no De Kuip Stadium....

Again assigning another stadium to a team that doesnt have a "real stadium", Like Feyenoord, at the start of career, the change is not effective during the career and also there is no way to change the stadium during career, or upgrade it or interact with it in any way, you're stuck to it forever. Having a little more freedom there could really compensate for missing out De Kuip Stadium....

I really dont like the new penalty system, again..

The graphics however have seen a small improvement, and music is decent once again too.

Message 7 of 58 (13,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This happens to me in manager mode and player career mode. The game is unplayable for me right now. Only the journey works.
Message 8 of 58 (13,529 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure if its coincidence, but this only happens to me when I change the lineup prior to playing the match. If I leave my default starting 11, and just play it works fine.

Message 9 of 58 (13,503 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Leaving my team like it is does not change a thing for me. :-/

Message 10 of 58 (13,460 Views)