[FAQ] Knights of the Fallen Empire

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FAQ] Knights of the Fallen Empire

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

1. What is the launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire?
The official launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire is October 27, 2015.

Players who have been a subscriber from August 10 through October 19, 2015 gain Early Access beginning October 20, 2015, one week before the official launch date.

2.  What features will be available during Early Access?
All features will be available at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.

3.  How do I obtain my Knights of the Fallen Empire Pre-Launch Reward items?
If you have an active subscription from August 10 through October 19, 2015, you will receive your Pre-Launch Reward items via in-game mail at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.

If you are not eligible for Early Access, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail on October 27, 2015.

4. How do I get the Epic Story XP Boost?
All active subscribers  automatically receive the Epic Story XP Boost; the boost expires October 19, 2015.

5.  Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?
All subscribers  will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.

6.  How do I pre-order Knights of the Fallen Empire?
Knights of the Fallen Empire is not available for pre-order as it is free to all active subscribers . You must be an active subscriber to receive the expansion.

7. When will Chapters be released?
Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.

8.  Is the Outlander a new class in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
No, Knights of the Fallen Empire keeps the 8 core classes, but your character’s story becomes that of the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War.

9. What if I unsubscribe from Star Wars: The Old Republic after October?
If you unsubscribe after October 27, 2015, you will keep the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but will not receive any additional Chapters when they are released.

10. What if I don’t subscribe until all the Chapters are released?
If you subscribe after the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, you will receive all the content that has been released up to that date. However, as a subscriber you are eligible for great benefits that you don’t want to miss out on such as a monthly Cartel Coin grant and access to the full spectrum of character species.

11. If I am bringing one of my pre-existing Characters into Fallen Empire, what story elements should I complete beforehand?
Before jumping into Fallen Empire, you will want to finish your Character’s Class and Companion Missions, as well as the main storylines of Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Rise of the Emperor. These Missions will no longer be accessible once you begin Chapter 1 of the expansion.

12.  What is ‘Start at Level 60’?
‘Start at Level 60’ is a new feature which will allow you to jump straight into the Fallen Empire story as the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War. New and old players alike will now have the option to create a Level 60 character and begin their journey at Fallen Empire’s Chapter 1. For those who are just beginning their Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ adventures, this new story provides an easily-accessible starting point from which to begin your own unique Star Wars™ saga.

13. How do I gain access to ‘Start at Level 60’?
All Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Subscribers will be granted one free ‘Start at Level 60’ character with Fallen Empire. Additional ‘Start at Level 60’ characters will be available on the Cartel Market.

14. Will my new ‘Start at Level 60’ character be combat-ready for Fallen Empire content?
Since Knights of the Fallen Empire is designed as a new point of entry for players just joining or returning to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, your ‘Start at Level 60’ character will start off equivalent to traditional Level 60 characters. Fallen Empire’s gameplay experience has been crafted as an evolving storyline, and as your journey progresses you will acquire the skills and combat abilities you choose to give you what you need to thrive in your chosen role. In particular, Chapter 1 will include an introduction (optional)  to your character's most important abilities, after which you will be able to customize your character in a manner that best suits your own personal playstyle.

15. If I have 22 characters on a server now, will I still be able to create a Start at level 60 character?

Yes, you will. We have increased the maximum number of character slots available to subscribers to 40 per server. When you purchase a Start at Level 60 character you automatically receive a server slot unlock with it.

When you reach the new maximum of 40 characters per server you will no longer be able to purchase or use additional Start at Level 60 characters.

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 16. You cannot have more than 16 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters.

Message 1 of 2 (21,941 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FAQ] Knights of the Fallen Empire

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

EA_Nils wrote: 
15. If I have 22 characters on a server now, will I still be able to create a Start at level 60 character?

Yes, you will. We have increased the maximum number of character slots available to subscribers to 40 per server. When you purchase a Start at Level 60 character you automatically receive a server slot unlock with it.

When you reach the new maximum of 40 characters per server you will no longer be able to purchase or use additional Start at Level 60 characters.

Note: If you’re a preferred player, the number of active characters you may have per server has been increased to 16. You cannot have more than 16 active characters on a server even with purchased unlocks or Start at 60 characters.

I have corrected an error in the above paragraph where I had incorrectly listed the active character limit as 14 for preferred players. The correct number is indeed 16, thanks everyone for pointing this out.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (16,724 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FAQ] Knights of the Fallen Empire

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

EA_Nils wrote: 

I have corrected an error in the above paragraph where I had incorrectly listed the active character limit as 14 for preferred players. The correct number is indeed 16, thanks everyone for pointing this out.

Message 2 of 2 (16,725 Views)