Extremely Irregular and Low GPU usage

by SinyorApu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extremely Irregular and Low GPU usage

★★ Novice

Extremely irregular GPU USAGE

I have a fresh installed RX 580, with a i5 -7500, 8 GB DDR4, my informatic formatted the computer, installed the drivers, everything. My computer works perfectly in all the games that we tested, but when it comes to Battlefield V, the GPU usage it's extremely irregular and low, it doesnt matter the settings its on, we tried all the possible graphical  options, mixes everything. Yesterday, before the update, and with my computer being a mess, the game worked way better than now. Please help.

Message 1 of 11 (4,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extremely Irregular and Low GPU usage

Community Manager

@guashlegends

Can you please try these steps:

• In the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Adjust image settings with preview, in the main windows choose Use my preference and move the slider all the way left (performance), click Apply at the bottom right.
  • In-game, go to the Advanced video settings and turn GPU memory restriction ON
  • Test out how this goes and report back here please

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,414 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

@SinyorApuyour ram is low as 16 gb is recommended, try adding more ram and see if your issue gets resolved.

Message 2 of 11 (4,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer, but the usage of the RAM is lower than the 6 GB, it's not a RAM problem sadly. People with the same exactly computer has been able to play this game perfectly. It has happened with different Battlefields, please help.

Message 3 of 11 (4,688 Views)

Community Manager

@SinyorApu

Can you try using DirectX12 rather than 11 and let us know how that goes please?

barry.png
Message 4 of 11 (4,677 Views)

★★ Novice

I did, when you try to join a server, the game starts the loading image and then crashes.

Message 5 of 11 (4,671 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also noticed this irregular GPU and CPU usage. I have an i5 6500 and an RX 480 with the latest AMD drivers. I keep frames capped at 72 using the in-game limiter (for freesync monitor with 75hz cap). In multiplayer games when I get frames below 72 (in many tight situations on small maps) my CPU and GPU usage do not hit 100%. Typically my GPU usage is around 50% while CPU stays around 85%. I've also tried uncapping my framerate and I still see low GPU utilization and CPU around 80%. I've tried with both FFR on and off.

DX12 also results in an error-less crash to desktop on starting a game, either single player or multi-player. Menu loads fine, but on starting a game always a crash. DX11 runs decently, but I was hoping DX12 would fix the utilization issues.

Message 6 of 11 (4,650 Views)

★★ Novice

I was in your situation, now i have even less FPS, it drops to 39-49 fps ... I don't know what to do... Frown

Message 7 of 11 (4,636 Views)

Community Manager

@SinyorApu@knerf

If you guys are on Windows 10, can you let us know if the October update helps you with this please?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

barry.png
Message 8 of 11 (4,599 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having low GPU usage onj i77700k + 1060 6GB 12GB RAM DDR4. I'm getting 70 - 90 frames, and neither gpu and GPU usage is 100% they are under 60% what could it be. im getting normal frames/ gpu usage on every other game. Image attached is on 720p but I was playing at 1080p its because the file is too large at 1080p so I had to lower the pixels.

Message 9 of 11 (4,583 Views)

★★ Novice

I've checked and windows is fully updated with the October release, and I have also updated my AMD drivers to 18.11.2. In DX12 mode sometimes the game crashes without errors on menu loading, and it always crashes loading into a game. I don't get any errors for this either.

Message 10 of 11 (4,558 Views)