Extreme mouse lag (only in BF5)

by MattFred99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extreme mouse lag (only in BF5)

★ Novice

I have been having problems with battlefield 5 mouse lag only when I go into intense battles its not high ping to the server each server is at least 80 ping it has started at the update when they introduced the japan maps cant remember the updates name I have tried two different mouses and it was the same effect before the update it was perfectly fine its ONLY BF5 I have BF4, BF1 , BFH and I have no problems with any of those games with the same ping another thing with it for some reason it lessens when I am on ultra graphic presets and its the worst on low presets 

Message 1 of 8 (632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extreme mouse lag (only in BF5)

Community Manager

Hi @MattFred99

Have you had a chance to try repairing BFV in your Origin Library to see if that helps at all? If any of the game data has been corrupted that might be what's causing the issues you're seeing. Repairing the game may help with that. If you right-click on BFV in your Origin Library you should see a Repair option in the menu that comes up. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (606 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @MattFred99

Have you had a chance to try repairing BFV in your Origin Library to see if that helps at all? If any of the game data has been corrupted that might be what's causing the issues you're seeing. Repairing the game may help with that. If you right-click on BFV in your Origin Library you should see a Repair option in the menu that comes up. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (607 Views)

★ Novice

I tried it and it doesn't effect it i've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still no effect

Message 3 of 8 (559 Views)

Community Manager

@MattFred99 

Thanks for giving it a shot. Can we try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes a difference at all? If there's anything else running at the same time which could be interfering with BFV that may help us get around it. 

You can find more info on how to set up a Clean Boot over at the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (546 Views)

★ Novice

I tried it and it had no effect on it the form said it wanted me to send you my system information or something like that to help so I hope it helps 

Message 5 of 8 (527 Views)

Community Manager

@MattFred99 

Do you have any sort of software installed specifically for your mouse? What type of mouse do you use? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (513 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I do have special drivers downloaded for this mouse the "UtechSmart Venus"  Link to the amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Precision-Programmable-Computer-Recommendation/dp/B00FNKMVUO

Link to the mouse driver page: http://www.utechsmart.com/download

Message 7 of 8 (478 Views)

Community Manager

Gotcha, thanks! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers altogether? I'm wondering if there might be something going on there which could be causing some issues like this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (468 Views)