Extreme Packet Loss

by iim_Diz

Original Post

Re: Extreme Packet Loss

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the iNetTool on the Apple store which was very helpful. I ran two tests. Results are attached. 

@EA_Aljo 

Message 11 of 27 (1,221 Views)

Community Manager

@iim_Diz 

That test is showing high ping times and timeouts. Those are happening before you reach our servers. It sounds like you've gone through some extensive troubleshooting so I'm not sure what else to suggest. It's not happening with our servers so this would be up to your ISP. It's unfortunate you don't have a PC as the UO Trace gives more information that could be useful.

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 27 (3,876 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello , have u found a fix for the problem pls , having the exact same problem.

Message 13 of 27 (1,145 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @FlyroxxG.

We'll try to find out why you're experiencing packet loss. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 27 (1,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello , i'm on wired.

Message 15 of 27 (1,084 Views)

Community Manager

@FlyroxxG 

Sorry for getting back to you so late. We'll continue to work on this. What system do you play on?

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 27 (1,043 Views)

★★ Novice
I have this problem as well and found that the issue is some device along the route path to the Apex legends servers. That device is having packet loss, and this is not the fault of Apex.
So what can we do in order to solve this? We have to force our internet to take a different path to Apex servers. Now how exactly is that done? We can't tell our ISP to use a different route. However with the use of a VPN we can connect to a location that does take a different route.
I've created this VPN using OpenVPN. https://vpn.disc4life.com This is on a server in Michigan. Once you connect to the VPN it will route your traffic through the network the server is connected to. While this will increase your ping by what ever ping it takes to get to the server this has allowed me to go from 5-20% packet loss to 0 packet loss.
The VPN has a 4096 bit encrypted SSL for the server, and it also generates a 4096 bit encrypted SSL for each person that signs up. The server has a 1Gb connection so it can support many users at once. Once you register and verify your email address on the website there are instructions for how to connect to the VPN server. Its very simple. It generates the file required to connect, you just have to download the OpenVPN client and place the file in the right directory. The registration process encrypts your password as well so I can't see that information.
For now I've made it completely free. I'll be making improvements to the website as I just started making it last week and I'm not very experienced when it comes to website coding. If you're close to Michigan +25 ping is a lot better than 5-20% packet loss. Give it a try!
Message 17 of 27 (1,017 Views)

★★ Novice
@DJrunkie YO You're not the only one who is having extreme packet loss.... I am having the same issues it seems like many others also are having this issues and its annoying because I'm trying to push for predator right now and i cant because im not able to play this game... it has to be the server problems like its not our computers at all ... one day I was fine the next day i wake up to grind and boom i cant play anymore.... i only have now 18 days until the season is over... ive already lost 4 days of gaming time because of this issues......
Message 18 of 27 (970 Views)

Community Manager

@Hellsninjas 

If the packet loss just started occurring, it's possible you just need to restart your network. It sounds like you're on PC. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 27 (915 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done that nothing worked I'm wired I've tried re installing the game repairing the game Port forward, VPN , and also contacted my ISP nothing on there end and nothing is happening at all its extremely saddening =( 

Message 20 of 27 (878 Views)