AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64 gb
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started 12.09.22 10:00 and is continuing
Summarize your bug I experience rubberbanding in game. Sometimes, I cannot even load a game and I get returned to the menu with a timeout error. I get hit with extreme lag upwards of 5200 based on the clock in the upper left of my screen.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eventual disconnect.
What should be happening instead? normal play

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

Had my PC guy check my system

Ran Hardware Diags no issues

Updated all drivers

Rebooted WiFi\Ran speed tests with ISP  No issues.

No other devices connected to WiFi are affected

Issue still exists

The transmission almost seems like a DDOS attack. It overloads my WiFi and everything disconnects on my PC.   All other Devices on WiFi are unaffected.  I use Task Manager to exit BF2042 and Origin and everything reconnects on my PC.  It happens in any game mode. Conquest, Rush, Breakthrough etc. This has been happening since the 3rd week mission load.  I do not experience this in Apex Legends which leads me to believe this isn't a Origin Portal issue. 

Message 1 of 13 (544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extreme Lag to Disconnect

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Padding_Ur_Statsyour not to close to the modem/router ? Router/modem no elecktric devices beside it ? the dongle in pc not blocked by wiress or any other device ?

Head to your Start menu and click on the Settings icon or type settings into the search bar and click on the application when presented.

Select Update and Security.

Next click Advanced Options, then click on Delivery Optimization

Find Allow downloads from other PCs and click the blue toggle from On to Off.

CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting Task Manager from the options.

Once in Task Manager, swap over to the Performance tab.

Near the bottom, click on Open Resource Monitor.

Click on the Network tab. All currently running apps and services are displayed here under Processes with Network Activity. Those with higher send and receive requests are responsible for taking the largest chunk of internet bandwidth.

To close an app or service, right-click it and select End Process.

If you’d prefer, here is how to stop startup applications from running in the background every time you log on:

Click on Start and head to your Settings.

Now, select Privacy.

Next, from the left-hand menu, scroll down and click Background apps.

Then, either click Let apps run in the background to turn off all background apps or click on the On/Off toggle switches to turn then off individually.

By default, Windows 10 will reserve 20% of the total internet bandwidth you have at your disposal for the operating system and other system related programs. This means that you aren’t able to receive 100% of your internet bandwidth while cruising the web, skyping, or doing any other online activities.

In order to get that speed back, you’ll need to trim down the bandwidth reserve Windows 10 is hoarding and this is how:

Pull up the Run command with Windows Key + R (or search run in the search bar).

Type gpedit.msc and press OK. If you receive an error that Windows cannot find gpedit.msc, then you’re most likely on a Home version of Windows 10. All home versions of Windows do not offer Group Policy edit capabilities by default. You will need to download it before you can use it. For those who have Group Policy Editor installed, you can continue on with the next step.

Click on Computer Configuration.

Inside the window, find and open Administrative Templates. Then proceed with Network and lastly QoS Packet Scheduler.

Click on Limit reservable bandwidth.

When the window pops up, click the Enabled radial and in the Bandwidth limit (%): area, change it from 100 to 0

Click OK.

Let us know what it did for ya !

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (458 Views)

All Replies

Hero

While I don't like seeing laundry list troubleshooting guides, I'm curious as to whether you've tried everything in this article.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 13 (513 Views)

★★ Pro
  1. Use a wired connection - Impossible for my PCs location
  2. Move your router - Its 12 feet away
  3. WiFi Channel - Not a high population. 

My PC guy and I went through these.

Message 3 of 13 (497 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Padding_Ur_Stats Can you Buy/Borrow an ethernet cable long enough to reach the router just to test it? I get that it may not be an option to run long term but if it works would rule out PC, av/firewall, internet connection as the problem
Message 4 of 13 (491 Views)

★★ Pro
@BuNgLelove69 I can guarantee this is an application issue, not a hardware issue. I just opened BF 2042 and the video I was watching froze. This is an app or BF server issue
Message 5 of 13 (473 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @Padding_Ur_Stats, by the sounds it the WIfi cant handel the load that Battlefield 2042 is doing on your wifi network ideally weird connection test would help out to rule that out.

/Atic
Message 6 of 13 (403 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Padding_Ur_Stats Router 12ft away -> use a wired connection and your problems are fixed. Wifis are halfduplex and thats the reason why you should avoid them for latency sensitive apps. Your PC guy should know basic stuff like this.
Message 7 of 13 (395 Views)

★★ Expert
@Padding_Ur_Stats yeah better use a wired connection , what is your upload and download speed ?
Message 8 of 13 (385 Views)

★★ Pro
@Rokebo73 we tested those and they ran normal
Message 9 of 13 (342 Views)

★★ Expert
@Padding_Ur_Stats more wired / wireless systems on the same network ?
Message 10 of 13 (325 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help