Re: Extreme Lag and Constant Server Drops During Games

by Xelianith

Original Post

Extreme Lag and Constant Server Drops During Games

★★★ Newbie

Much like a lot of other people, I've been unable to have any semblance of a decent, lag free game recently. I consistently have lag spikes where my latency will jump to 100+ms and my packet loss is at 80 - 100 making the game unplayable. I get the codes: shoe, net, and leaf every game in whatever combination and sequence. I can't tell if this is an issue with the Season 7 Crossplay Beta or another issue.

I've attached the UOTrace results, and can confirm that I've done port forwarding on my router for the recommended ports. I've also flushed the caches of Origin/Apex and have tried 2 re-installs from BOTH Origin and Steam clients.

Message 1 of 3 (272 Views)

Champion

Hello @Xelianith Could you verify if you have any 3rd party software installed such as Anti-Virus, discord etc?

and have you tried to flush your dns cache? > Open CMD > Write ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried flushing my DNS Cache and also specifying it to Google/Cloudflare DNS. No changes to connectivity/latency.

I definitely do have anti-virus, Discord, and other 3rd party software, but I've played Apex in the past with the same software and I had flawless connectivity. If you have any recommendations for 3rd party settings I'm willing to try them out.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)