Extrapolation offset spikes

by B3llius

Original Post

Extrapolation offset spikes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having extrapolation offset spikes (lasting 2/3 secomds) every few minutes. They cause huge fps drops and imput loss.

I've been having this issue only in BF1 and BFV since i've switched from a 20Mb to a 100Mb fiber connection (changed modem as well, the provider is the same)

My pc specs are: i7 6700HQ, 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2133, Nvidia GTX965M 4GB ddr5.

Is it because of connection issues with ea servers? is it a bug? is it CPU bottleneck?

Message 1 of 7 (1,508 Views)

Re: Extrapolation offset spikes

★★★ Newbie

same here, happened in bf1. can't find a fix

Message 2 of 7 (1,456 Views)

EXTR OFFSET

★★★ Novice

I've been playing BFV seamlessly for the last couple weeks.

Got on the other day and I started getting lag spikes. Going into slow motion etc.

now its grinded to a halt basically. On 5 or so FPS.

my extr offset is just through the roof and no one seems to know whats happening?

Message 3 of 7 (1,470 Views)

Re: EXTR OFFSET

Hero (Retired)

Hey @EmineNc33,

Sorry to hear about this.

Please try some of the steps below:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

I would also recommend trying to disable the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and other Overlays you may be using(Nvidia GeForce Experience, DIscord, etc).

Opening Ports may help this issue as well:

https://portforward.com/battlefield-v/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Let us know if the issue gets better for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

[BFV] Strange Latency/Ex.Offset FPS Lags.

★★★★ Novice

Some times its just occasionally and sometimes about every 2 minutes.

That my latency according to the net graph would drop very low (2~7) which should be a good thing but in the same time the "ex.offset" value peaks to the top and i get massive fps drops in this time frame (2-5 seconds).

I tried a lot by myself.

Lowering graphic settings, lowering the resolution, optimizing my network, getting rid of apps running in the background, a workaround for win10 mem leak issues.

I even switched from "DS-Lite" to "DualStack" of my ISP.

Iam using a hardwired lan connection.

exoffset.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (1,466 Views)

Re: [BFV] Strange Latency/Ex.Offset FPS Lags.

Hero

A good way to attempt to rule out your ISP is to try and play over the internet on your phone.

Tether your phone (not connected to your WiFi) to your computer and see if you can replicate the issue.

Another thing to try to see if your ISP might be messing with your traffic could be to see if the issue happens if you a VPN (there's many out there where the first 500MB are free or something like that).

This will ofc. make your ping higher but if your Ex.Offset spikes go away this would indicate your ISP as the issue.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 7 (1,429 Views)

Re: [BFV] Strange Latency/Ex.Offset FPS Lags.

★★★★ Novice

I tried using a VPN but the issue remains.

I never had this kind of problems in BF1 or in any other games i play.

I also cant really find a good explanation what the Ex.Offset value actually means or what could impact it. That would maybe help troubleshoot it myself

ExOffsetVPN.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (1,410 Views)