Re: Extr Offset Down Str spikes

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extr Offset Down Str spikes

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I get severe spikes in Extr Offset Down Str which lead to micro-stuttering and FPS drops. The problem is worse on high-ping servers and usually occurs in "critical situations" when I aim through sights, get shot at or, for example, when I jump into the water in Rotterdam. Needless to say, this is really frustrating and makes the game quite unplayable.

I have tried playing with graphics settings and doing a clean boot, as some people suggested, to no avail. Oh yes, and my drivers are up to date and my pc meets the requirements (i usually get about 90 FPS on High-Ultra settings). Please see the DxDiag attached.

I am hesitant to accept that these are network issues on my end since I have never experienced them in BF 4 or BF 1.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lukas

Message 1 of 7 (1,660 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

ok, first of all, thank you EA for ignoring my question for 3 weeks.

and second, I fixed the damn issue.

It had nothing to do with the network, as many posts on this forum and elsewhere suggested, but it was my dear old RAM. Turns out that 8gb is really not enough to run this thing. Originally, I thought it would be as the RAM usage never exceeded 7.4gb, so I thought I am on the high-end but still ok. Then I noticed the spikes and stuttering were much worse while running Chrome, which was a clear signal. 

Today I loaded up another 8 gigs to a sweet 16gb and the stuttering is gone. I get about 80-90 FPS on semi-ultra, which is nice. Does not improve my aim much though.

I hope somebody else finds this useful.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,623 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

ok, first of all, thank you EA for ignoring my question for 3 weeks.

and second, I fixed the damn issue.

It had nothing to do with the network, as many posts on this forum and elsewhere suggested, but it was my dear old RAM. Turns out that 8gb is really not enough to run this thing. Originally, I thought it would be as the RAM usage never exceeded 7.4gb, so I thought I am on the high-end but still ok. Then I noticed the spikes and stuttering were much worse while running Chrome, which was a clear signal. 

Today I loaded up another 8 gigs to a sweet 16gb and the stuttering is gone. I get about 80-90 FPS on semi-ultra, which is nice. Does not improve my aim much though.

I hope somebody else finds this useful.

Message 2 of 7 (1,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lukeiiduke I marked your post as the solution good you got it fixed .. Well done. Edit .. To be fair it is best to post your full system specs when looking for help on AHQ 

Message 3 of 7 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Novice

that's what I did in the DxDiag... you couldn't possibly ask for more detail

Message 4 of 7 (1,614 Views)

Hero (Retired)

True but not everyone reads them sadly. For me I find it best just to post pc specs as it gets help faster it seems. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@2042isNotBF - to continue fairness, EA should be reading them Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BANDWICHES EA does read them but most who help on AHQ are just volunteers and a gamer like you and I  and they don't always read them. Most  do some not so much I think. Edit on a happy note you fixed it and got some XP and a solution :] 

Message 7 of 7 (1,596 Views)