Experiencing lag and poor latency/connection

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Experiencing lag and poor latency/connection

★★★ Pro

Hi!

I'm noticing that I have started lagging/freezing more as well as the occasion ping spike to almost 5000ms. Anything that can help?

Message 1 of 7 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Experiencing lag and poor latency/connection

Community Manager

@CompleatBeet 

Thanks!

There are a number of steps we can try that might help stop this from happening. First, if you're connecting your PS4 to the internet over wifi, I'd definitely recommend trying a network cable instead if you can. That way we can eliminate any wifi interference or signal issues as a possible cause of the ping spikes. 

If you're already on a LAN cable or switching from a wifi connection doesn't help, I'd recommend checking out the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help site as well. Those steps can tackle a lot of the most common issues we see, but if you're still having trouble afterward take a look at the PlayStation-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (411 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CompleatBeet

I know that dealing with ping spikes like this can definitely be frustrating. Which platform are you playing on? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (449 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hey @EA_Kent 

PlayStation 4

Message 3 of 7 (436 Views)

Community Manager

@CompleatBeet 

Thanks!

There are a number of steps we can try that might help stop this from happening. First, if you're connecting your PS4 to the internet over wifi, I'd definitely recommend trying a network cable instead if you can. That way we can eliminate any wifi interference or signal issues as a possible cause of the ping spikes. 

If you're already on a LAN cable or switching from a wifi connection doesn't help, I'd recommend checking out the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help site as well. Those steps can tackle a lot of the most common issues we see, but if you're still having trouble afterward take a look at the PlayStation-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 7 (412 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hey @EA_Kent 

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out later Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (391 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hey @EA_Kent 

I went and set up a wired connection, it helped a lot! You have my gratitude.

Message 6 of 7 (347 Views)

Community Manager

@CompleatBeet 

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it helped. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (307 Views)