Experiencing inexplicable stutter/lag Apex Legends

by ThatFunkyBoomBap

Original Post

Experiencing inexplicable stutter/lag Apex Legends

★★★ Novice

Hi Standard smile

Apex legends has been so much fun and I am super excited to get into it, except for one massive issue. My friends and I all experience stuttering (it feels like network lag?) almost constantly. It is most noticeable during gunfights, when looking at allies and enemies that appear to be teleporting everywhere, and at the start of the game whilst the countdown is going down (it just clearly freezes and unfreezes). 

We are playing from Queensland, Australia, with good internet and high performing computer builds (latest drivers, excellent GPUS and etc). Our FPS and ping (though we can not see our ping in game, so it is hard to see if that is tied to the stuttering) seem totally fine.

I have tried flushing my DNS, changing my data centre to Sydney (22 ms, no packet loss it says), messing with my settings, to no avail. I think a lot of others are having this issue, judging from google and message boards. 

I would love some help with this, or information on a planned fix if this is serverside, as I am super excited about this game but can't see myself enjoying it for long when every gun fight is basically a death sentence if I don't get a lucky shot.

Thank you Standard smile 

Message 1 of 11 (12,510 Views)

Re: Experiencing inexplicable stutter/lag Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

This also occurs for me during the first 2-4 minutes of a match and landing at a zone. 99.9% unplayable if another squad drops next to me since I can't find nor do I see them. No change in FPS or anything, but it clears up after the initial 5 minutes or so even during late game battles.

Message 2 of 11 (12,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you change your data centre? I’m in Canberra and I’m having the same issue. It’s doing my head in as it’s only me having this issue, not my mates
Message 3 of 11 (12,472 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey yea I have noticed it eases up in the late game, just hard to make it there when you can't win a gun fight early xD

To change data centre, I followed a YouTube tutorial - basically let yourself d.c due to inactivity in the main menu and then it lets you select it. But that did not help me at all, so I wouldn't bother :/

Message 4 of 11 (12,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, when I land it feels almost as if something is dragging me backwards a bit. Is there any fix for this?

Message 5 of 11 (7,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oddly enough, this just started happening to me. Its like when a glitchy video effect being put on a game, what I also noticed is that when I launch out of the ship, I am very fast, much faster than usual and I believe I'm faster when I run as well.

Message 6 of 11 (4,109 Views)

★ Novice
@SeeBee101
Hi SeeBee, Press Tab at the welcome screen, u'll get a list of severs....

Message 7 of 11 (1,907 Views)

★ Novice

Hello All,

Same with me I played this game like HELL for few weeks jumped to level 50 in a couple of weeks....

But The game started lagging, Yes it is definetely a network lag, I believe that Demand might have increased for the game overloading the server.

I use a decent gaming laptop with Ryzen 5 Quad code, Nvidia GTX 1080 8 GB ram with 25mbps quality internet. I am using factory auto detected settings no modifications done interms of graphics. I believe this should be enough for smooth play. 

I am attaching the Sever ping experiment that might help EA looking into the issue. 

But mean while we can only try raising as much as complaints possible so that it reaches EA and take this thing on priority.

Good gaming.............

With regards,

PsyCho_Singer.

Message 8 of 11 (1,902 Views)

★ Novice

Forgot the attachment

Message 9 of 11 (1,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello again,

Please find the link for complaint,

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?platform=pc&category=technical-support

Also go through this might help,

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Share these links with all those who are facing the same, More no. of complaints more probability to reach EA top priority issue in list xD.

Thank you,

With regards,

PsyCho_Singer,

Message 10 of 11 (1,892 Views)