Re: Everytime I start BF5 I have to replay the introductions scene

by wishmaster2002uk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Everytime I start BF5 I have to replay the introductions scene

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I started BF5 and played for a couple of hours and turned off the game, a bit later I launched the game again and noticed that I got the same screen I had when I first launched the game (You know the select brightness and headphones) Than I just replayed it again to the end and thought would be the last time. For curiosity sake, I wanted to see if that had done it and restarted my game again and guess what? The same thing happened again... I'm not even surprised.

So I started with updating the game and then repairing it. Which did nothing, so I cleared the cache of the game and also tried getting help from EA. After this, I tried yet again to play through the WHOLE intro and still nothing when I restarted the game. This then led to me uninstalling my BF5 and also hard uninstalling my Origin.

Somewhere deep inside I felt some hope but that smidge of hope was removed when after all that the game did the same thing. With all last hope I tried to activate cloud storage and remove the tmp file that held my save files and for an "I don't even know" time I started the game and replayed the whole intro mission and then restarted the game and still F****ING nothing...

Really disappointed with BF5 and how they can release a game that is not close to being done.

Refund me please or FIX THIS ISSUE NOW!

Message 1 of 9 (5,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. This helped:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/152687/battlefield-v-open-beta-client-dont-save-sett...

Deleting the _tmp from PROVSAVE. Every time you change the settings you have to do this.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (5,581 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Yeah my video settings keep resetting as well as having to go through the intro each time.

I have an issue where I lose sound and then shortly after the game hangs up and I can't close it down no matter what. When I do get back into the game I have to go through it all again.

Message 2 of 9 (5,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. This helped:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/152687/battlefield-v-open-beta-client-dont-save-sett...

Deleting the _tmp from PROVSAVE. Every time you change the settings you have to do this.

Message 3 of 9 (5,582 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you even read my post? I said I already tried that.

Message 4 of 9 (5,537 Views)

@TheOneRexy

THEKINGREXY wrote:

Did you even read my post? I said I already tried that.

No, what you wrote is that you removed the Temp file, not that you changed "PROFSAVE_tmp" to "PROFSAVE".

Also, your OP would be easier to read with some paragraphs in it.

This is most probably not a game problem but a permissions issue inside Windows.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 9 (5,525 Views)

★★ Novice

That is what I meant, but since I was writing in frustration I guess that missed that small detail.

And also I have tried to turn off ransomware and added my game to controlled folder access and nothing works. 

But hey, thanks for being a smartass and just coming in here and criticizing my writing and say that is just something wrong inside my Windows permissions. 

Message 6 of 9 (5,452 Views)

@TheOneRexy

THEKINGREXY wrote:

But hey, thanks for being a smartass and just coming in here and criticizing my writing and say that is just something wrong inside my Windows permissions. 

For someone looking for help, you have a strange attitude towards those who try to help.

Also, I would be careful with the word "smartass" if I myself screwed up and then being rude to someone that tried to help you in the first place.

That you not apologize to @Flauschibuesi says something. 

As for the error. It is simply a matter of fact that there is most probably a problem on your system that prevents BFV to preform the save operation successfully.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 9 (5,432 Views)

★★ Novice

For someone who doesn't even have an answer to my problem, why are you even in here commenting?

If you would have helped with my problem and give me some actual advice on how to fix, then this situation would have been different.

But no, you just had to make a comment thinking that I was rude.

Clearly, you are just wasting my time and everyone else trying to be a "helper" of some sort.

Message 8 of 9 (5,413 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Go to Settings / Windows Defender Security Center / Ransomware Protection and add the BF5 executable as an exception under "Folder Protection"
Message 9 of 9 (5,370 Views)