Re: Everything I've found wrong in ME:A (feel free to add anything I've missed)

by iFail_v_B34STLY

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Another bug.... and a really fkn bad one I know everyone has encountered but theres so many damn bugs has just been forgotten about by us... On Voeld, the mission you pick up to take out the main kett base, the room you have to turn off / hack a bunch of consoles while fighting every kind of kett enemy, the fires that start when taking the consoles out causes seizure inducing what seems to be light flickering. If anyone knows what I mean and can tell me the name of that mission and generally some more details that would be great so I can add it to the first post.

Message 171 of 273 (493 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mike Gamble posted on twitter earlier that the next patch is being dropped tomorrow so hopefully a lot more issues will be fixed. 

Message 172 of 273 (479 Views)

★ Guide

@iFail_v_B34STLY, we can hope. I so want MEA to be good, but I think theres too many issues and everyone is just going to forget about it. You really couldn't blame anyone for doing so. It will be a test to see just how much Bioware and EA really care about MEA.

Message 173 of 273 (471 Views)

★★★ Novice
I agree. We waited so long for ME:A I hope that the new developers can cooperate and take insight from the fan base all the while being extremely committed. Because as you say the game at the moment isn't in a great condition and is going to require lots of work.

I know personally I won't forget about the game, mass effect is one of my favourite franchises and I will see it through and support the game/devs in whatever direction they go but that's just me. This won't be the case for a good percentage of the fans/players.
Message 174 of 273 (466 Views)

★ Guide

I used to love Mass Effect, MEA has released with so many bugs and balancing issues it has completely ruined the game for me and thats not even getting to things like the dodgy animations, random FPS tanking for no reason (especially on the Tempest) and poorly written story with uninspired musical score.

Prove my suspicions wrong Bioware, show you care about Mass Effect.

FYI folks I checked metacritic earlier today the PC version of MEA has a rather unimpressive 73 critic score and 4.9 rating user score. Ouch.

Message 175 of 273 (457 Views)

★ Guide

@ketxxx tomorrow's patch will probably say :

1. nomad shield crafting quest reported fixed.

2. minor bug issues.

and with that we will have to wait for another 3 months for them to start moving their * to fix all the problems.

I want to know when the MAJOR bugs are being addressed, even if they just write down that they are looking into it, or that they solved it and it is ready for release on next patch.

I don't care, I just want to know. 

I do agree with you though, this ME game ruined the series for me as well. but hey, I am back to playing ME1 so GO SHEPARD!!

Message 176 of 273 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Xx-Gimmle-xXI bloody hope not! If it does all it will show is that the animators have been working their arses off for the cutscenes (supposedly theres going to be heavy work on them thats ongoing) while the rest of the team has sat around with their thumbs up their arses and not bothered with any bug fixing. Also Bioware, I'll say it plain, graphically MEA looks sh!t this is Frostbite3 you are using you should be utterly ashamed of how 70% of this game looks.

Also, I forgot to mention it in my last post but critics went WAY too easy on MEA, not many reviewers had the balls to call it out for what it is but I'm glad a few did at least.

Message 177 of 273 (423 Views)

★ Guide

FYI guys the MEA patch is coming down for me now. Its 1.29GB. You can fix a lot of bugs in a patch that size... but probably not animations. We shall see. For the love of god the falling through levels and weapon balancing issues better be fixed.

Message 178 of 273 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Patch Notes for 1.06:
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-06-notes/

Combat Balance for 1.06

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/patch-1-06-combat-balance-updates/

Looks like they patched quite a bit, not all of the issues listed here but a good number of items including a few we didn't post.

Message 179 of 273 (403 Views)

★ Guide

@Pyro411 Most of those patch notes are piddly things it would seem but perhaps theres a bunch of issues fixed but not listed. No mention of a fix for * like falling through the level when melee attacking or any mention about weapon balancing in single player, only multiplayer. In all honesty the amount of stuff they fixed in what is it now? 2 months? Is really not that much.

Let's try to be positive though... who hasn't had their will to play this game completely squashed and can test the patch with a standard game and NG+? I'll be able to removed fixed problems from the first post then.

Message 180 of 273 (396 Views)