Every time I do the new update to Battlefield V the game crashes after launch

by SEALsYourFate

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Every time I do the new update to Battlefield V the game crashes after launch

★★★ Newbie

Every time I do the new update to Battlefield V the game crashes after launch. After launching It goes full screen then black and hangs there for maybe 30 seconds that goes back to Origin launcher. This has been happening all the way back when Battlefield 1 did the regular updates. I have contacted EA before on this and the recommendation is to "uninstall and reinstall". That works every time but still leaves me wondering why the updates are any different than the fresh download! The worst part of downloading the game afresh is it takes over 15 hours! If I could play after doing the update it is much easier and fit my timeframe of playing instead of waiting 15 hours if I have the time! Thank you for the consideration for finding a better way other than the fresh install and or clearing cache, safe boot, uninstall the Origin client. Way to much work before launching, the question is... why do the fresh install work and the updates don't and act differently than a clean install. Therein could be the answer to fixing the problem!

Message 1 of 2 (413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Every time I do the new update to Battlefield V the game crashes after launc

Hero (Retired)

@SEALsYourFate 

One simple thing to try after the update would be to Repair the game, then reboot

Repair Game:

1.  Click on the game within the Origin Client you want to repair (i.e. Battlefield V)

2.  Click the COG wheel (settings wheel)

3.  Click "Repair"

4.  Wait for it to verify the game files

5.  Reboot your PC

Give that a try next time and see if it works instead of reinstalling the game.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (398 Views)

All Replies

Re: Every time I do the new update to Battlefield V the game crashes after launc

Hero (Retired)

@SEALsYourFate 

One simple thing to try after the update would be to Repair the game, then reboot

Repair Game:

1.  Click on the game within the Origin Client you want to repair (i.e. Battlefield V)

2.  Click the COG wheel (settings wheel)

3.  Click "Repair"

4.  Wait for it to verify the game files

5.  Reboot your PC

Give that a try next time and see if it works instead of reinstalling the game.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 2 (399 Views)