Re: Every game I play, Apex freezes and then my xbox shuts off

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Every game I play, Apex freezes and then my xbox shuts off

★ Novice

Since the end of season 5, Apex started to crash every game. While im in a game, the game freezes and then my xbox one (regular edition) just shuts down. I have opened a support case and everything they told me to do didn't work. I have no software updates to do, I already tried doin the unplug the pwer supply for 30secs thing. Also, I regularly play Destiny 2, Minecraft and Hyperscape and litteraly none of them cause my xbox to shut down. Like I said at the beginning, this issue started like 2-3 weeks before the launch of season 6. At first, it wasn't that bad (it would crash once or twice in a 5 hour session), but now I cannot go ONE game without Apex crashing and my Xbox shutting off. I would love to know if this is an issue with my console or Apex itself, and I would appreciate if anyone could suggest me an easy fix that isn't buying a new console.

Message 1 of 5 (450 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @madsam999

Do you have Apex Legends installed on an external storage drive, or is it installed on the drive that was built into your Xbox? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (388 Views)

★ Novice

I have it downloaded on the storage that was built in the xbox

Message 3 of 5 (367 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent I have it downloaded on the drive in my built in my xbox. Also, yesterday I tried playing with a friend and we went into duos and my game instantly crashed. So I played a trios game in solo queue (didn't crash) and after that game I joined my friend and played duos for 2 hours and it didn't crash.
Message 4 of 5 (363 Views)

Community Manager

@madsam999 

Hmm, gotcha. Let's try out some connectivity troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all with the freezing and crashing issues you've been seeing. When you've got the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. 

If you're still having any problems after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes for you once you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)