Error syncing cloud storage data

by gavin207

Original Post

Error syncing cloud storage data

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been having this problem for months now and have tried so many suggestions but nothing seems to help when I open Apex Legends I get a popup window with the error Error syncing cloud storage data. I have tried reinstalling the game and also reinstalling Origin just incase but no luck, any help with this would be great please

Message 1 of 18 (1,026 Views)

Re: Error syncing cloud storage data

Community Manager

Hi @gavin207

What happens if you try disabling Origin cloud storage? Do you still run into the same error? 

You can disable it through the Origin Settings under the Installs & Saves tab. Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (932 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gavin207

Were you able to give that a shot? Are you still running into the same error message as before? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 18 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, yeah thank i had tried that before to disable cloud storage, that will load apex without the error showing up, the problem is then it wont save anything like button settings

Message 4 of 18 (904 Views)

Community Manager

@gavin207 

If you re-enable it is it giving you that same error message as before? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 18 (887 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah it still shows up when cloud save is turned back on, i dont know but is there anyway to wipe or completely restart the cloud saves so it isnt try to find a previous save

Message 6 of 18 (879 Views)

Community Manager

@gavin207 

Hmm, usually if the local save the cloud save don't match up Origin will ask you if you want to overwrite one of them. I don't know of a way to manually delete the cloud save otherwise. 

I wonder if this might actually be happening because of an issue with the cached data in Origin. When you've got a chance can you try clearing out the cache to see if that helps? You can find more info on how to clear it over at the EA Help website

Let me know if you're still running into the same error message after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 18 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried that before and did it again just to be sure, but sadly still get the error when I went to start Apex. Any other Ideas what happen or what could do btw thanks for the help

Message 8 of 18 (823 Views)

Community Manager

@gavin207 

I appreciate you giving it a shot. 

Do you have the Origin client installed on a separate storage drive from your game library, or are they both installed on the same drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 18 (788 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent They were on different drives origin on main ssd and game on second hdd, but deleted the game redownloaded it onto the same sdd drive but still get that error syncing cloud storage data
Message 10 of 18 (757 Views)