Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Error retrieving pilot data, please help.

by Coelian_The_AA

Original Post

Re: Error retrieving pilot data, please help.

★★★★ Novice

"I'm experiencing this problem right now, after switching from regular access to premier. My BF is playing the game right next to me, so it's likely not a network issue on our end. Sigh"

Same here as far as changing from basic to premier.  There were no major issues till then and the update.  

Message 51 of 99 (583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How shame no one has made no explanation.we trust them to get the game and we want to play with great desire, but we can't get into the game Since 3 days for me and as i say nobody says anything... I'm afraid they won't be able to fix this error

there are currently 3 errors for me: 

1-Error retrieving pilot data

2-error to connect live servers

3-unknown error

i tryed everything but nothing happend same things 

the most interesting thing is:  I can play tutorial (part we initially played with ranger ) but when I go back to the normal game, errors come back interesting ha?

so plz guys say something about this kind of errors let us feel good.Say it will be corrected in 2 weeks or month but say something plz

Message 52 of 99 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I get all those 3 and no answer at all.

All the answers I get from EA is level up from the forums. Frown

What they could do is set a temporary VPN for everyone having the issue but no it's our problem I should charge them the time I spent screwing up my internet connection and my system booting.

Message 53 of 99 (572 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Do you see same notification on access vault anthem screen???

Message 54 of 99 (566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try to change your dns to 1.1.1.1 it helped me.

Message 55 of 99 (555 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here bro! The most frustrating thing to me is that they do not talk or at least let us know that they’re working on it. It’s sad cuz i was so excited about this game!
Message 56 of 99 (547 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh man ...

Was able to play a good 20 hours in the last three days, very rarely I was hit by the "Error retrieving pilot-data" error. And now today, suddenly, I am not able to get past this error anymore, as it happens like around 1 minute in game at most. Sometimes accompanied by a "Error retrieving live-data" error.

Was really having a total blast with this game, and now this. Bioware, please do something, and if its only to tell us the honest truth, that you are aware of these kind of issues, you are looking into this with highest prio and alike. 

So that's it for today with Anthem, certainly will not spent my precious evenings looking at loading / error screens.

Cheers,

Javasem

Message 57 of 99 (537 Views)

★★★★ Novice

as i said my firend 

I tried everything on the forums that doesn't even write but nothing has changed.

I've played both demo versions; which means:  not because of me or my internet or whatever. and the  ((  main )) thing is I can play until the end of the tutorial after selecting a new pilot. it means it's not about me,it's not our fault...

I look at this situation with understanding,Errors can be,inaccuracies can be made,unknown problems may arise  this is so normal but just a single description i want we all want I'm guessing...nothing much

they have done a very nice job but if we're not playing What can we do.so I'm waiting for a simple explanation just because of that.and I think I'm right 

it can take weeks to correct i mean errors yes maybe,i can wait but current situation can they hear us we all dont know. 

only this is distressing.

Message 58 of 99 (534 Views)

★★★★ Novice
GUYS, YOU SHOULD TRY GOOGLE DNS, I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT IT WORKED FOR ME. I CAN PLAY A F:!#KING GAME NOW.
Message 59 of 99 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

DNS IPv6  or  IPv4 which one

i did and nothing has changed

also tryed this

• TCP: 8080
  • UDP: 3659, 21000-26000
Message 60 of 99 (438 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help