Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Error retrieving live service data

by micelak

Original Post

Error retrieving pilot data, please help.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I played a littie bit when it launch, then I come back at night I got this message:56443.PNG

After Okay I got this.....56443.PNG

After these two, the game just doing endless loop of restarting itself. My internet can play other games such as Apex Legends, I don't think my network has problem tho Frown

Message 1 of 99 (8,482 Views)

Re: Error retrieving pilot data, please help.

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem, i could play the first mission, then the game crashed and i can no longer log into game. 

Message 2 of 99 (8,413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here

Message 3 of 99 (8,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Having a similar issue, game loads and connects but whenever I start the first mission after the prologue I DC within a minute everytime. Happened about 10 times in a row and I've given up. I can play anything else on my PC with no problems.
Message 4 of 99 (8,353 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, just got to level 8 and had to end task on an endless loading screen, tried to go strait back in and got this.

Message 5 of 99 (8,330 Views)

Error retrieving pilot data please restart to continue!!!

★★★★ Novice

Really disappointed with the launch of this game. When it works it’s great to play however I have spent more time reloading and restarting after connection drops I find it an insult that this has been release in such a bad state. 

I am am unable to progress past the story mission ‘find Haluk and Faye at “Princess” Zhim’s Hideout. Each time I make it through the cut scene after entering the hideout I crash out to the news board. 

Come on guys. This is embarrassing. I truly considering cancelling my PS4 preorder. Feels unplayable right now. 

Win 10

GTX 1080 ti

i5-8600k

16GB DDR4

Message 6 of 99 (8,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Your not alone. I am receiving this after a cut scene in one of the story missions.

Very very frustraiting.
Message 7 of 99 (8,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same, can't go further into the story because of this issue... :/

Message 8 of 99 (8,286 Views)

Error retrieving live service data

★★★★ Novice

Game disconnects me after completing any missions/free-play (90%). Some instances I make it to the end missions screen and I'm locked there forced to end the game process (The skip option does nothing). This prevents me from getting any items outside of materials collected.  Once I've been disconnected this way the launcher endlessly cycles to what seems to be reconnecting and failing. I'm presented with error such as "Error Retrieving Pilot Data" and "Error Retrieving live service data." I have to end the process and re-launch about 2 or 3 times before it lets me in.  Once I've been able to get back into the game, I've received EXP/Coin Rewards but no items from the missions. 

I've followed all of the connection issue troubleshooting an I have had no luck.

I've Restarted Router/Modem

I've hardwired my connection

I've set Origin and Anthem to run as Administrator

I've Flushed my DNS

I've run a Clean Boot

I've open my Ports

I've Enabled UPnP

I've updated my NAT settings

I've verified I'm using IPv4

I've verified I'm using DX11

I've repaired the game

I've ran the game with different languages

I've reinstalled the game twice

I've deleted the "Pilot" i started the game with (3 hours gone)

I've reinstalled Origin

I've gone though every post I could find with a similar issue and none of the "Solutions" fixed this issue.

Video showing what is happening when I disconnect.  This happened when I started a Free roam mission.  It crashed before the mission started.

https://youtu.be/6HiR0NI996U

Hope someone can help or else this game is unplayable.

Message 9 of 99 (8,042 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Error retrieving live service data

★★★★ Novice
Saw a series of similar complaints about this. I am experiencing same. Talked to their support, basically went down black hole of network connectivity checks on my side. I play Apex Legends and Starwars Battlefront, no connection problem or issues, along with many other online games....If other games are fine, and your game is failing, look to the delta.
Message 10 of 99 (8,029 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help