Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Error retrieving data after playing awhile! (PC)

by Starkaiser

Original Post

Error retrieving data after playing awhile! (PC)

★★★★ Novice

I have serious problem on that if I keep playing the game for sometimes, I will run into connection issue then after that it become always error retrieving pilot data.  error retrieving Anthem live data all the time.  

I even manage to play it again on a new save (This work!), but then after awhile, it come the same error again, so I can't play on this second save either.

How to fix this issue?  I can't play the game without making a new save file, but it eventually would happen again.  

I heard that some people fix this issue by change language but that also not working on my end.

Message 1 of 8 (157 Views)

Well this is a new one on me ...

★★★★★ Apprentice

If the forge putting together another ranger intended for leveling gear.

hit ESC to leave the forge …. saving little icon going round and round in the centre of the screen.

Eventually end up back in Fort Tarsis with a connection error message followed by another message about something being changed or a third party program making changes and to go back into the forge to resave … by the way I don't use third party programs when I'm playing!!!

So go back into the Forge like the message said, hit ESC …. saving. Except this time it was never ending.

No choice but to kill Anthem, relaunch, get to the Anthem main menu, load screen, "error retrieving pilot data" followed by "You have lost connection to the EA servers"

Really???

Not one single day since launch has gone by without one thing or another with Anthem. How much more garbage is this game going to throw at people????

I think it might just be time to cut my losses … Bioware doesn't deserve any support at all

Message 2 of 8 (198 Views)

Error retrieving Pilot data

★★★★ Novice

I cannot run the game from my account, writes this error https://youtu.be/Rfsnw4BJtmQ (Connection problem. Error retrieving Pilot data. Please restars Anthem.), but when I run from my friend's account, the game starts and everything works fine. When my friend comes into the game from my account, he also writes this error, although he lives in another city. That is, the problem is in my account.
I communicated with support twice, but in the end, nothing has changed.In third time I was told to create a post on the forum.
More than a week can't log into the game.

Message 3 of 8 (159 Views)

Re: Error retrieving Pilot data

[ Edited ]

Hey @Starkaiser  @KonstantinKanaev

What platform are you playing on?

Can you please try these steps?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 8 (124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky  I play on PC
I can not log into Anthem from my account! When I log in from another account, I have no errors. I have a good connection, the problem is connected with my account. I can log in to the game from another account, but I cannot log in from my own. My friend came from my account while living in another city and he also had an error

Message 5 of 8 (108 Views)

@KonstantinKanaev 

Have you tried contacting Support via Live Chat to see if there's something wrong with your Account?

You can contact them here:

help.ea.com/en/contact-us

Keep us posted.

Thanks Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

Message 6 of 8 (102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky 
Do you even read what I wrote in the first message?

Message 7 of 8 (97 Views)

@KonstantinKanaev 

Yes, I did see you've contacted Support.

However, if this is an Account issue, this is something they would need to help you with, especially if the Connection Troubleshooting steps did not help.

Hopefully this will get resolved for you. 

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

Message 8 of 8 (89 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help