“Error retrieving Anthem live service data” PS4

by Hanja_999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

“Error retrieving Anthem live service data” PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm fully aware that I'm not the first person to report this, but I want to ask if it's the same for everyone.
How to reproduce:
Start the game.
Watch the very short intro.
Connecting to the servers.
Press 'X' to continue.
On this screen a version number appears. For me it says v0.0.0.
That is my first question, did EA/BioWare not release a version number, or could I not connect to the server at all?
It also displays my PSN name. This is correct, but it might be mirrored locally.
Then I suppose it's the same for everyone: Press 'X', the progress bar is filled to about 60%, something fails or times out, progress bar is filled to 100%, sent back to the message “Error retrieving Anthem live service data”.
I'm still looking forward to this game, so I hope this will be resolved before I have to decide whether to keep the pre-order or not.
Second (set of) question(s): How many PS4 players (in %) are still facing this? How many, of those who try to log in, can? This is sent from Northern Europe, if that helps. Is there any geographical differences? Time differences? Server load differences?
Good luck solving this before the timeframe for this open demo ends.

Kind Regards,
Hanja_999

EDIT: Solved the problem. Found the solution in another post. Simply changed my PS4 many language.

Suggestion: Make this solution part of proposed solution sticky post.

And remove any checks for language from the handshake :-)

Anyway, I could play the game for two hour or so and could finnish most of the contents of the demo (story and fortress).

The game looks promising.

Message 1 of 5 (951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: “Error retrieving Anthem live service data” PS4

★★★★ Novice

Yes, your meny langare in your ps4. I can only assume that the server on EAs side is expecting a hard coded answer in, for instance, English.

Or your profile is updated then you switch language. Don't forget to restart your ps4 after changing language. I changed to  UK English.

Kind regards,

Hanja_999

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (857 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem on Pc contacted the support. They are working on a solution and they told me it will not happened in a full game.

Message 2 of 5 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. However, you sugested to change the language? Do you mean the language on my Ps4 consol?

Message 3 of 5 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, your meny langare in your ps4. I can only assume that the server on EAs side is expecting a hard coded answer in, for instance, English.

Or your profile is updated then you switch language. Don't forget to restart your ps4 after changing language. I changed to  UK English.

Kind regards,

Hanja_999

Message 4 of 5 (858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me right now ime in loop brought game for ps4 legion edition after completing  on xbox one the language thing dont work hard restart to clear cache no joy and reinstall noooo help please not my internet i play lots of online games no problem ? 

Message 5 of 5 (373 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help