Error on launch since update

by SanchitoChous

Original Post

Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi all, After a small patch of 450 MB today via steam, Apex is crashing after 1 minute after launch. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the menu, firing range or in a game it crashes to desktop regardless. No errors just a 1-2 seconds freeze and it’s gone, same thing as Alt F4 and it’s happening consistently after 1 minute prior to launch. I was playing yesterday without any issues and have never gotten these type of crashes. Nothing has been done to my OS since yesterday.

Specs: Intel Core i7 8700K Nvidia GeForce 1080 TI 64 Gb DDR4 2800 mhz OS version: WIN 10 21H1 build 19043, 1826.

Steps done: Followed troubleshooting steps in this post 

Running all video settings on low. Verified game files via steam. Reinstalled the game Removed my user folder located in users/respawn/apex.

Configured priority for EasyAntiCheat to low via task manager.

Performed clean install of my GPU drivers using DDU. Uninstalled MSI Afterburner, no overclocking is active. Used system file checker tool in windows just in case via command, sfc /scannow Uninstalled all Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

Any suggestions why this is happening and solve it? Not sure if this issue is related to my system or just a annoying patch which causes this.

Message 8 of 365 (123,665 Views)

r5apex.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone, I've just finished downloading Apex on Steam and ran into this "r5apex.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)" message. I've tried running compatibility tests, verified game files, and repaired AntiCheat, but to no avail. I've also made Apex an exception in Windows Firewall, and in my antivirus, but still won't work. I'm running on Win10, and all my drivers are up to date.

Message 1 of 365 (66,089 Views)

Re: r5apex.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)

Community Manager

Hey @Shummy66,

This error is generally tied to another program or process interfering with the game.

Making sure you've added the game as an exception in both Windows Firewall and your antivirus is typically the best bet, however since that doesn't seem to have done the trick in this case it may be worth a full clean boot of your system.

That should let you try running this without any other unnecessary processes in the background to help narrow down what may be causing the issue.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 365 (66,080 Views)

Can't launch game after last update

★ Apprentice

title says all, after the supposed new Anti Cheat being put in AGAIN, the game just doesn't launch. Anyone else ?

Message 3 of 365 (123,520 Views)

Apex PC Crash No Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The game launches, I can load into a match or the range (if I'm quick), but within the first 30 seconds or less the audio stutters and/or the screen freezes and then the game crashes, no error code. It also crashes if I sit in the lobby or even just sit on the splash screen (before connecting to the server).

I updated NVIDIA drivers (after the crashes started not before), restarted, verified files, repaired the anticheat, set the anticheat to low, reinstalled, have Apex adding as an exception to WIndows firewall, turned off Steam overlays, ran chkdsk on the drive (no issues), launched from the .exe as administrator, and tried not allowing Windows to manage the pagefile automatically. And it still crashes.

Just started today; no problem playing yesterday. 

Message 4 of 365 (123,772 Views)

Re: Apex PC Crash No Error

★★★★★ Newbie

Your PC will be toast if you keep opening it. Your computer can't handle it. Use a cloud gaming program.

Message 5 of 365 (123,724 Views)

Re: r5apex.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Mako, I've tried a clean boot of my system and the error still shows.. Devil

Message 6 of 365 (66,031 Views)

Re: Can't launch game after last update

Community Manager
@PilkConnoisseur Hey, it looks like you got into a match since making this post. Can I check what steps you took? Hopefully it'll help anyone else who encounters the issue after updating.

Thanks.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 365 (123,461 Views)

Re: Apex PC Crash No Error

[ Edited ]
Champion

Heya @SabotageDomingo 

Go to your main Apex Directory, then proceed to the Crashpad folder and then the db folder.

If correct, there should be some recent .dmp files.

I could read these for you using some software, you'll have to put them in an .rar archive and attach it to your post:

3TJE92dUZi.gif

That way we can check what else could be causing this issue.

Also whenever this issue happens, do you hear any beeps?

Does your cursor lag or are you still able to move it without any lag?

It's also recommended to attach a DxDiag to your post, that way we can look at your hardware and recent errors that would also indicate other causes.

Message 9 of 365 (123,667 Views)

Error on launch since update

★★★★ Novice

A few days ago there was a small updated, and my game stopped working. I was getting the "Your Windows 7 system is too outdated. Please install KB4534310." error. The next day the game started working again without me doing anything.

Yesterday I downloaded another update and game stopped working again with the same error. For some reason I am unable to install this particular windows updated - it gives me an error.

Message 10 of 365 (123,983 Views)