Error message: Unable to retrieve patch data. please check network connection208

by culby117

Original Post

Error message: Unable to retrieve patch data. please check network connection208

★★ Newbie

SW TOR: 
Trying to login for several months with no success (a few months ago i just gave up due to the error, but now friends want to play the new expansion, so i have renewed interest). 
I get an error message after the launcher tries for a minute to log in: "Unable to retrieve patch data. please check network connection (208)" . 
I have no issues playing other games, both online and offline, so it isnt my graphics card or internet connection. I have also recently moved house, so the error was at my old residence, and now also at my current residence. 

I have un installed the game, and re installed it, with no success. i have removed it from my firewall and then re added the exception. 

The error started around October/November last year. I was playing the game fine until Onslaught came out (new expansion) then when i went to play that, i havent been able to log in since- there have been no changes to my computer also, which, for all these reasons, makes me doubt its an issue with my computer/connection. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Username: Culby. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Re: Error message: Unable to retrieve patch data. please check network connectio

@culby117 

208 is a communication issue talking to either manifest.swtor.com or cdn-patch.swtor.com 

usual causes are antivirus and/or firewall or a net routing issue but it would be highly unlikely to still be occurring after several months

some common issues known are 

ESET - disable "protocol filtering"
Kaperskey - disable "scan secure/encrypted connections"
Norton (Firewall) - set exceptions to "Allow" not "Auto"

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (261 Views)