Re: Error code 770 Starwars Battlefront 2 PS4

by Slippery_Grandad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code 770 Starwars Battlefront 2 PS4

★★★ Novice
So I have been trying to play online and I keep getting error code 770, my internet works just fine with my ps4 so I don't really know what's wrong. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Message 1 of 12 (37,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie
I figured it out, this is for PS4 and might help PC users. Create a static IP, the servers change and doesn’t allow the modem to connect as the IP changes. Once you have a static IP, port forward to battlefront server ports (can be found on EA) and turn on DMZ. I’ve been able to connect and play for a few days, it sucked but got me connected. As for PC, the rumor I hear is firewall issues with connecting. Here’s the email from EA, might help. I can’t say this will help, but I’m online, the email came after I did all of that on Saturday so it wasn’t EA’s instructions but it was close.
1 . Set up static IP

IP The local IP address of a console or PC can be set up in
two ways: it can be static or dynamic.

A dynamic IP address changes each time the console or router is restarted. If they made settings that rely on the IP address to stay the same (for example port forwarding), they would no longer work because the IP address has changed.

A static IP does not change. Therefore, it is often recommended to set up a static IP address in conjunction with other connectivity troubleshooting steps. Bear in mind that only the local IP should be changed, while the public IP can stay untouched.

For information on setting up a static IP address, you can check out portforward.com or contact your Internet Service Provider.

2. Set up DMZ for console IP

DMZ stands for ‘Demilitarized Zone’. It will open ALL the ports for a designated device. Opening all ports for a device is not something you would wish to do to a PC, as it leaves the entire network in an unsafe position. However, Xbox and PlayStation consoles have a built in security that we rank as ‘unbreakable’. As such, using DMZ mode for Consoles has no impact on network safety.

Positives
Powerful settings
If done correctly, almost guaranteed to solve the problem
Requires Static IP for the device

Negatives
Not applicable for PC issues
Requires Static IP for device
Only one device per network

For information on setting up a DMZ , you can check out portforward.com or contact your Internet Service Provider.

3 Open correct ports for Star Wars Battlefront 2 :

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront/online-ports-star-wars-battlefront/

4. Test your connection again , and send correct test results
to the case using below instruction :

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (38,632 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am seeing this on XBOX also all day yesterday.

Message 2 of 12 (37,676 Views)

Starwars battlefront 2 error code 770

★★★ Novice
Any time I try to connect online on my ps4 I get the error code 770, and it has been like this for two days now and I'm vary annoyed that this has been happening to me. I have only been able to do about five matches before the problem occurred and now I can't play online due to this error code keeping me from connecting to the servers. My internet works just fine so it's no problem on my end.
Message 3 of 12 (37,694 Views)

Re: Starwars battlefront 2 error code 770

★★★★★ Newbie
Did you figure it out? I’ve had this problem for 5 days now, everything was fine until then
Message 4 of 12 (36,979 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey I have this (and various others) on PC as well.

Message 5 of 12 (36,960 Views)

★★★ Novice
Im on day 6 of being unable to connect to a server. DAY SIX!!!! I was really enjoying the game and it's just extremely disheartening day after day to not be able to play it. Probably the last EA game I will buy.
Message 6 of 12 (36,814 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I figured it out, this is for PS4 and might help PC users. Create a static IP, the servers change and doesn’t allow the modem to connect as the IP changes. Once you have a static IP, port forward to battlefront server ports (can be found on EA) and turn on DMZ. I’ve been able to connect and play for a few days, it sucked but got me connected. As for PC, the rumor I hear is firewall issues with connecting. Here’s the email from EA, might help. I can’t say this will help, but I’m online, the email came after I did all of that on Saturday so it wasn’t EA’s instructions but it was close.
1 . Set up static IP

IP The local IP address of a console or PC can be set up in
two ways: it can be static or dynamic.

A dynamic IP address changes each time the console or router is restarted. If they made settings that rely on the IP address to stay the same (for example port forwarding), they would no longer work because the IP address has changed.

A static IP does not change. Therefore, it is often recommended to set up a static IP address in conjunction with other connectivity troubleshooting steps. Bear in mind that only the local IP should be changed, while the public IP can stay untouched.

For information on setting up a static IP address, you can check out portforward.com or contact your Internet Service Provider.

2. Set up DMZ for console IP

DMZ stands for ‘Demilitarized Zone’. It will open ALL the ports for a designated device. Opening all ports for a device is not something you would wish to do to a PC, as it leaves the entire network in an unsafe position. However, Xbox and PlayStation consoles have a built in security that we rank as ‘unbreakable’. As such, using DMZ mode for Consoles has no impact on network safety.

Positives
Powerful settings
If done correctly, almost guaranteed to solve the problem
Requires Static IP for the device

Negatives
Not applicable for PC issues
Requires Static IP for device
Only one device per network

For information on setting up a DMZ , you can check out portforward.com or contact your Internet Service Provider.

3 Open correct ports for Star Wars Battlefront 2 :

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront/online-ports-star-wars-battlefront/

4. Test your connection again , and send correct test results
to the case using below instruction :

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection
Message 7 of 12 (38,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Annoying right?
Message 8 of 12 (34,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I try all this clue. Port forwarding and DMZ, but nothing works. I also buy membership in PS plus. Before I bought it I got 721 now I got 770.

I want play on-line. But In off-line mode you have only single wepon for each solder kind and no ability to choose. So it's extermly expensive game where is no improvement and only 4 weapons for play. And why? Becouse EA wan't * of their customer. This problem is there for more then two months and they do nothing. Another on-line game I can play, only battlefront is unusable. * OFF.

Message 9 of 12 (33,879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Search on google for ea down servers, a map should show if your area is affected.
Message 10 of 12 (33,660 Views)