Re: Error code 672

by Asgeerr

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

This is a copy of a post I made in an 'error 201 thread.'

I finally got my constant errors with Error Codes 201 and 672 by adjusting my firewall.  I saw this solution buried in another thread and gave it a shot.  After a week of constant drops and the inability to play for more than 10 minutes at a time, I just completed a 90 minute session with zero problems.

Bottom line, ensure your firewall is not disrupting the connection.  My virus protection does not have a firewall (free version of Avast), but if yours does start there.  However, most of you (at least on PC) will probably have Windows Defender's firewall up.  Here are the steps I took:

For Windows 10 at least...

1. Open the start menu and begin typing 'firewall.'  The option that should come up will be 'Allow and app through Windows Firewall.'

2. Click on 'Change Settings'

3. Ensure that STAR WARS Battlefront II is on the approved list and that it's selected for both public and private.

4. Ensure Origin is also on the approved list and selected for both public and private.

5. If the items don't show up, you'll have to select 'Allow another app...' and then find the files for either/both SWBFII or/and Origin.

On my system, Origin wasn't an excepted program.  Once I set it and put both Origin and SWBFII on the list for both public and private, everything cleared up instantly.

Unfortunately, I can only vouch for this solution on a PC.  Hopefully others might be able to explore if this is the same issue with XBOX and PS4 and, if so, recommend how to adjust your router firewall.

I really hope this helps my fellow PC players and that it provides a potential course of attack for XBOX and PS4 brothers.

Message 31 of 33 (603 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

will try this. 

Everything else I tried didn't work and I still get that * error every 20-40 minutes.

Or even more often...

Message 32 of 33 (526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sadly that tip didn't help either.

And well now its like I thought.

Even after this update the error continous to appear and nothing helps....

Message 33 of 33 (509 Views)