Error code 2396

by MalcolmG-BB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code 2396

★★ Novice

Hi!

I’m having this issue every time I open the game. My connection is fine, I don’t know why I get this error code every time. Does anybody have a clue? 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8 (8,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error code 2396

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 8 (8,260 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@MalcolmG-BB Same here, I also have all my weapons locked as if I never played this game
Message 2 of 8 (8,410 Views)

★★ Novice

@fromwired  ha scritto:
@MalcolmG-BBSame here, I also have all my weapons locked as if I never played this game

On my side, progress with weapons, heroes and starfighters seem to be fine, but the career is empty 

Message 3 of 8 (8,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same for me.. It says "offers from store cannot be loaded" and when I join a game I can't use my unlocked weapons + obi wan and anakin are  suddenly locked heroes  wtf is Goin on

Edit : on career i still see all my achievements and lvl on every class but can't use them online 

Message 4 of 8 (8,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same thing here. I cant log in to my EA account on Xbox One when I want to play Battlefront 1 from 2015 or Battlefront 2. Tech support says there's a technical problem. For about 2 weeks now. Annoying thing is that even if you want to play BF2 off-line your progress is saved on-line. Just bought the games which are now worthless. Thank you EA. Frown

Message 5 of 8 (8,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 8 (8,261 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MalcolmG-BB This error is obnoxious I’ve literally had no issues with the game for the past year I’ve played it, but today and last night I get the error and it gets rid of any progress I made during that session, meaning I just leveled up my Anakin from level 21 to 25, the error code 2396 pops up, and then I’m stuck at level 21. EA is notorious for broken games and annoying bugs.

I had another rare glitch on the 1st Battlefront which I played for a year trying to put up with a god awful bug where it randomly used a star card every other time one of them recharged without me pressing or doing anything. That bug sucked.

I’ll be pissed if I get another annoying glitch except this time, it’s even more obnoxious because all my progress gets deleted at the end of every session and there’s nothing to explain it, because my connection is fine during the entire game, but then all the sudden the game crashes (which might be a separate error, ugh). Or I quit the game after the match is over and then my progress gets deleted.

EA sucks
Message 7 of 8 (7,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@dadertot10336 Did you try the workaround at reply #6??

And by the way: you're right. This is a HUMONGOUS error: progress is not stored locally on your gameconsole but in your EA account. So if connection to that is lost you've played the game for nothing for hours. EA  should address this serious issue but they don't. It's a crying shame!
Message 8 of 8 (7,800 Views)