Error code 201

by ItzMeap

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code 201

★★★ Novice
Whilw starting a new game in battlefront 2, in any game mode, im lagging as hell and i can teleport around (lagging) until max 20 seconds of the game, then i get kicked for lagging. Im only lagging in this game, not any others. Please help me
Message 1 of 203 (46,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 201 Help please EA

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone! 

I have been chasing this issue and error code (201) for a while and I got it confirmed from the developers that this issue is related to connection interruptions from outside our servers and that can be ISP, network routing at home or outside home, network equipment, connection, firewall settings, ports, anything that handles or use network connections coming to our servers. 

What I can suggested for anyone that have this issue is to follow the troubleshooting steps that we have and if that don't work talk to your ISP for more investigations. 

I have a link to for basic troubleshooting here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

I hope this information helps!

[Edit:] Marking the topic as solved for the above information. 

/Atic

View in thread

Message 156 of 203 (48,324 Views)

All Replies

Error code 201

★★ Novice

I am constantly losing connection to the EA server, kicking me out with the error code 201. Some dude said it was a program blocking connection cause of a  window update compatibility issue but i cant find anything online, have any of you been able to fix it?

Message 2 of 203 (46,128 Views)

Re: Error code 201

★ Guide

Same for me.  After being offline a week for surgery it was nice to see error 327 went away but starting today I am getting 201 error.  Can't stay in-game more than a minute and the lag is atrocias.  Trust me, I know it;s not my specs or internet, espcecially with a 1GB up/down.  I don't think I have had an error-free game since launch.  Sad, very sad.

Message 3 of 203 (46,116 Views)

tec surport

★★★ Novice

Error code 201..... internet is good but the game says its not. Anyone know how to fix it?????

Message 4 of 203 (46,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

did anyone help you because I cant even play the game.....

Message 5 of 203 (46,105 Views)

★★ Novice

no i find it odd that there isn't many people experiencing this specific error code

Message 6 of 203 (46,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

So what do people like us do????????? I would like a refund if they don't fix there game.

Message 7 of 203 (46,056 Views)

★ Guide

Have you made any progress in the cause of error 201?  I am still plagued by it.

Message 8 of 203 (45,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
No, no one care about us, especially the EA.
Message 9 of 203 (45,942 Views)

Error Code 201 continues

★ Guide

While lag seems much improved, I am still plagued with Error Code 201.  Game freezes the goes to the error.  Sometimes I get it 15 minutes into lpaying and others before the map even loads.  While I haven't seen a lot of chatter around this I do see I am not alone.  I have a 1GB up/down and I know it is not my network.  All other games I have run smoothly.

Message 10 of 203 (44,874 Views)