Error code 201

by ItzMeap

Original Post

Re: Error 201 Help please EA

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still getting it after the new patch. I know that patch didn't say anything about fixing it, but I figured if EA is making constant errors unintentionally maybe they could fix it unintentionally too. It'd be nice to get any news about this problem as I do really want to enjoy this game. I have a lot of fun in HvV with Iden until I get 201'd halfway through the match.

Message 151 of 203 (5,870 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah, was thinking the same, maybe they would unintentionally fix it. Thought I would give jet pack cargo a go, kicked in 30 seconds.
Message 152 of 203 (5,858 Views)

Re: Error code 201

★★★ Newbie

I am also getting error 201. I have contacted my provider, they sent a tech out and he hooked into my modem while I played, so he can see what happens when I get kicked and that error code comes up. Nothing happens. He said we are still pulling 171mbps. He confirmed it is not my providers issue. So, I next called xbox support. I was on the phone with them for 90 mins. It is not my Xbox. I posted a problem over a week ago and I have heard nothing from EA or anyone else about a fix. I believe I am stuck in a bad server and I need to be booted from it. Or that server needs to be shut down, so my xbox will look for another. I am still getting that message. It is only on Battlefront 1 and 2. My other games play fine. 

So EA, get on the ball. Fix this please!!

Message 153 of 203 (5,843 Views)

Re: Error code 201

★★★ Newbie

What ISP do you have? Comcast

What region are you in? Western US

What platform are you playing on? XBox one

How fast is your internet? 171mbps

How often do you get this error? Every day, anytime I play. I put up with it for 30 mins then I quit. 

Do you get this error on a specific time per day? No specific time. I play in the morning, afternoon or late night. I get into a game, play for a few seconds then I freeze. Sometimes it comes back and I can continue, but most times, I get kicked out and given code 201. 

Message 154 of 203 (5,836 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any update/information you can give us yet? It's insane how long this problem has gone on and it's infuriating to get 80% of the way through a hard fought HvV or GA just to get yanked back to the menu. I'm trying to fight this problem because for some reason I'm stupid enough to like this game, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with it before I start arguing for a refund.

Message 155 of 203 (5,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone! 

I have been chasing this issue and error code (201) for a while and I got it confirmed from the developers that this issue is related to connection interruptions from outside our servers and that can be ISP, network routing at home or outside home, network equipment, connection, firewall settings, ports, anything that handles or use network connections coming to our servers. 

What I can suggested for anyone that have this issue is to follow the troubleshooting steps that we have and if that don't work talk to your ISP for more investigations. 

I have a link to for basic troubleshooting here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

I hope this information helps!

[Edit:] Marking the topic as solved for the above information. 

/Atic

Message 156 of 203 (48,372 Views)

★ Guide

This has probably been suggested already (didn't read all the previous posts), but try changing your server region in the settings.

It should default to the lowest ping, but try changing it to another (close) region and see if the problem persists.  Probably won't help (and if it does, you might be trading the disconnect for more lag), but at least it would give some more info about the issue.

Message 157 of 203 (5,692 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This is your best shot after 5 months?What a joke of an answer,then why is not happening in any other online games?What a coincidence that all of us get kicked playing this game,must be EA servers or the ones EA rent to another company’s since Battlefront 2 don’t have speficic servers.I promise to not post here anymore cuz is worthless but I just see the answer EA_Atic post and just make even more mad!!They send us to troubleshooting......they must think we are completely *.* YOU EA fix your servers!!!!
Cheers to all the ppl that have been suffering this problem since November 17th!
Message 158 of 203 (5,662 Views)

★★ Novice

EA listen you * its still happening. im sick of having amazing games to be kicked for no reason. my internet is fine. I dont want to call up, wait 30 minutes just to have some random indian give me the basic instructions of troubleshooting which of course i've tried. * hell.

Message 159 of 203 (5,548 Views)

Re: Error Code 201 continues

★★★ Newbie
I am starting to wonder if there is certain service providers that dont work well with EA services. Its almost like there are some of us out there but its not happening to everyone. I personally have Armstrong Cable Internet from Ohio.
Message 160 of 203 (5,516 Views)