Error after update. Still cant play

by bradleeeeeh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error after update. Still cant play

★★★★ Novice

Ever since i updated the game i havent been able to play 

i just tried again today and i still cant. Figured after I uninstalled and reinstalled it would work. No. I get an error code saying “Error reading pak file”

Message 1 of 9 (731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error after update. Still cant play

★★★★ Novice

Its working now😤😤

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (609 Views)

All Replies

Engine Error

★★★ Newbie

When I try to play Apex it gets me to the menu but then after a couple seconds an error pops up saying " Error reading pak file
"C:\Users\>my name<\SAVEDG~1/Respawn/Apex/assets/11/promo/dl_promo_2021_04_13.rpak"--Error:Short read."

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted my computer and verified the game files.

Message 2 of 9 (729 Views)

Community Manager

@bradleeeeeh 

Usually, this kind of error can be fixed by Repairing or Verifying the game files. 

Origin Repair: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install

Steam files Verify: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 9 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So most of that page was for problems installing, at the bottom it said for a game not loading to repair the game and on my xbox it dont even have that button

Message 4 of 9 (691 Views)

Community Manager

@Rebel00703 Hi, please navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex and delete the Assets folder? The game should pull fresh ones when it's next started, which should hopefully help. 

@bradleeeeeh If you're on console can you clear your local saved data for Apex? This indicates some of your local files are corrupt, and downloading them again should help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (676 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have already uninstalled,cleared all data and installed  it back and i i got in a game and it kicked me off the game saying it.(yes im on console,xbox)

Message 6 of 9 (657 Views)

Community Manager
@bradleeeeeh Just for clarity, have you deleted your game-specific local data? Can I check which version of Xbox you're on?

Also, just so I have my timeline right, you're saying that you got into a match before being kicked with the error message pictured in the first post?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah so the first 2 days i couldn’t even play but when i uninstalled the game, cleared cache and local saved data i was able to at least start the game but i got in the game and as i was in the chose your character soot it kicked me and that message popped up then closed the software

Im gonna add the picture the of my system console info and im covering a few things i feel don't need to be shown

Message 8 of 9 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its working now😤😤

Message 9 of 9 (610 Views)