Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package

by ThatRApollos

Original Post

Apex Download Error

★★★ Novice

Whenever I try to download Apex Legends I get an error message that reads "Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (2147942750)" Anyone know any fixes?

Message 11 of 19 (3,240 Views)

Re: Apex Download Error

★ Apprentice
I did the instructions here and it worked
http://bit.ly/OriginVCError

Note: I had 3 versions, when I tried to do the 2015 one it said it could not continue and to remove the older versions. I did not do anything and the game now works.

i'll wait for the next patch and see what happens, so far the last two patches caused the same issue.
Message 12 of 19 (2,778 Views)

★ Pro
To clarify if 2017 is installed you wont be able to install 2015
Message 13 of 19 (2,776 Views)

i cant install apex legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

when ever I try to install apex legends it says playable at 42 percent and when it gets to 42 percent it sayas error the vc++ runtime redistributional package was not installed correctly and it stops downloading. 

ive tried uninstalling the vc++ and reinstalling x64 and x86 and it still didn't work I also tried running origin in administrator and I tried disabling my antivirus and it didn't work I also uninstalled the origin launcher and re installed it and it still didn't work

Message 14 of 19 (2,745 Views)

Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package

Community Manager

@ForgedByGames wrote:

I finally got mine to work. Check out my video for how I fixed my issue with the directX/not installed bug. Hope it helps my friend and make sure to share it and give it a thumbs up if it works for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4NFljAhDI

@zingyzucchini  I moved your post over to this one. Does this fix it for you? There's some other steps on the first page of this post too.

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 19 (2,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

think you need to open the earliest one you have (they are categorized by years).

Message 16 of 19 (1,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me this works : closing/stopping the processus of the windows installer from the task manager. It was stuck in the background installing nothing butr preventing other things to be installed !
Let met know if this works for you too :D 

Message 17 of 19 (1,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry Hello if you have discord add me R6#0559, im trying to download battlefield 2042, still wont work, i need assistance.
Message 18 of 19 (991 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @imnotbadnu,

Afraid we wouldn't be able to add people for support via Discord, however if you're having trouble downloading Battlefield 2042 please feel free to create a thread over on the Battlefield 2042 boards.

This thread is on the Apex boards and is quite old, so I'll be locking it here to prevent additional necro-posting, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 19 of 19 (987 Views)