Error: ProcessUsercmds: Overflowed reading usercmd data

by CaptPirkTTV

Original Post

Error: ProcessUsercmds: Overflowed reading usercmd data

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 driver date 5/22/2019 driver version 26.21.14.3086
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CaptPirkTTV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Right outside the top Airbase area, running from Runoff
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running/ or sliding
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 31.07.2019
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I got disconnected and sent to an error screen
What should be happening instead? I don't disconnect
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. I don't think it was related to gameplay. More likely a hardware or software problem with my PC, or Apex not liking my PC.

I recently reduced my visual settings in game and the game before, and earlier disabled my extra page file portion of RAM. I get the blue screen of death occasionally in other applications as well, unrelated to Apex specifically.

I have never encountered this error before.

Message 1 of 3 (835 Views)

Re: Error: ProcessUsercmds: Overflowed reading usercmd data

Community Manager

@CaptPirkTTV 

• Rather than disabling your pagefile entirely, try setting it to a relatively small size or just let Windows handle the pagefile size.
  • Check for and install any available Windows Updates
  • Run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (815 Views)

Re: Error: ProcessUsercmds: Overflowed reading usercmd data

★ Novice
@EA_Barry Hm, seems I was incorrect about the page file size. I just turned off a setting that made Windows do it automatically, but it still had a page file of about 4gb. Might have changed which drive it used, since I have an SSD and a much larger HDD. Not sure if it's related at all, but I'll report back if I get this error again. Do you know what it might be related to? I can't understand what the actual error message is talking about. Memory overflow problem?
Message 3 of 3 (805 Views)