Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Error Loading Pilot Data

by NemoTheImp

Original Post

Re: Error Loading Pilot Data

★ Apprentice

NemoTheImp sorry for you. This is really annoying and to not have a way to avoid it..... Hope this gets fixed.

Message 11 of 76 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

PC

I was in a group with one friend each time, we had public set so it would fill the other two spots for us. Either I or my friend would get the "pilot data load error" for the following quests:

Hazard Pay (purple contract)

4 pilot error, 2 load- to get it to load we changed the difficulty from GM1 to Hard and back to GM1  **restarted computer/network/launcher/game

Disaster Protocol (purple contract)

8 pilot error, 2 load-changed the difficulty again but wouldn't work so we made it private  **restarted computer/network/launcher/game

Freeplay

8 pilot error, 1 load-changed the difficulty  **restarted computer/network/launcher/game

All yellow colored contracts were pilot error 8 pilot error  **restarted computer/network/launcher/game

EDIT: this is all from today March 14 2019

I know all the restarts are hard on my network but it would work sometimes other times it wouldn't. I used up all of my green crafting mats since the last update and I started getting this error on a more consistent basis. 

Message 12 of 76 (401 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey! The same problem and took from me 3 days of tryharding, BUT I just managed it finally. Here some dark stuff you need to do with your router device: You need to forward all ports for Anthem(Google "Port Forwarding Anthem") just in case, NEXT you need to assign static IP adress for your gaming computer at the router device, NEXT you need to enable UPnP function, and LAST and most important - you need to change your network adapter properties of your computer(not ther router divice) for DNS, there will be local DNS from router (like 192.168.0.1), need to change for DNS from your ISP.
Good luck, people

Message 13 of 76 (385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
have done it 2 weeks ago and it doesnt work.
Message 14 of 76 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Avitrenko That is one hell of a workload to get a game going. 

not gonna do it, to be honest.  I've paid good money for Anthem and it's the only game that has these kinda persistent and systemic issues. Overwatch? No problem. Any Battlefield? No problem. 

EA and Bioware better get their * together real soon or else this game will be dead and buried within another month

Message 15 of 76 (307 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problems since patch 1.02 (14/3/2019). Today EA does not give me any solution. Here in Spain, the community manager does not answer, is disappeared. An embarrassment of assistance and the company.

Error messages:

1.- Connection problem. You have lost the connection to the EA servers. Check your internet connection and try again.

2.- Connection problem. Failed to get Anthem live service data.

3.- Connection problem when updating the pilot data. Try again (4445).

4.- Connection problem. Unknown error.

Normally 10 errors or more every days at least.

Beautiful game but very very poor execution and poor management, is a pity.

Message 16 of 76 (291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This errors occur just because of my old router device, and I belive, yours too. So try to plug in internet cable right into your PC - as qick possible solution, and check

Message 17 of 76 (288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

do not plug ur cable straight into computer, this issue has nothing to do with ur router or ur comp it has to do with there garbage servers. i have a custom built router with upnp and static ip and all ports forwarded and it still doesnt work and it wont work until they put out the dumpster fire in there server room.

Message 18 of 76 (282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still happening to me about 60% of the time I try to load into a game. Takes about 3 tries to finally get a game to load properly which is incredibly frustrating. Doesn’t matter which mission it is, happens on contracts, strongholds and freeplay. 

Ive has this issue since launch and I know a ton of others have as well. Forget about loot balances and added content, please focus on getting the game to work ! 

**p.s. there’s at least a couple other threads with tons of responses on this same topic. Look for them and post so that we keep the topic alive Standard smile

Message 19 of 76 (272 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep, do not do that if you don't wanna play)
Message 20 of 76 (272 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help