Error: Connection to server timed out (PC)

by MetallicTree

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: Connection to server timed out (PC)

★★★ Novice

Everytime I try to play this game, I'm unable to. I played it just fine a few days back but now everytime I get this connection to ea servers timed out error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. I've turned off in game origin. I've reset my dns and ip. I've rebooted my modem and router. Nothing works. It's obvious that apex is a pretty broken game, with all the cheaters and an obscene amount of crashes. I'd just hope that having working servers would be a priority, can anyone help with this or do I have to sit on my thumb and wait for the devs to fix their garbage heap of a game?
All help is appreciated, thanks guys 

Message 1 of 5 (3,492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error: Connection to server timed out (PC)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've had this issue since day one, there's no sure fix, the servers are * and it's not going to be patched until a long long time passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PfFPW9a90w

It's a good game, but this mess can't be undone in a month, or two or three. What you can do, as I have, is to open the ports listed and isolate your connection to your gaming PC exclusively and only to the game. If there's a cellphone on the WiFi, it can drop you out of the game. If there's ANYONE else doing anything on the same ethernet it will drop you out. Even then, there's a high chance it will desync and drop you anyways. So keep launching the game in afk mode until you get a stable match and play it until it finishes or drops you mid game, it's the only way to enjoy Apex at the moment.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,466 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've had this issue since day one, there's no sure fix, the servers are * and it's not going to be patched until a long long time passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PfFPW9a90w

It's a good game, but this mess can't be undone in a month, or two or three. What you can do, as I have, is to open the ports listed and isolate your connection to your gaming PC exclusively and only to the game. If there's a cellphone on the WiFi, it can drop you out of the game. If there's ANYONE else doing anything on the same ethernet it will drop you out. Even then, there's a high chance it will desync and drop you anyways. So keep launching the game in afk mode until you get a stable match and play it until it finishes or drops you mid game, it's the only way to enjoy Apex at the moment.
Message 2 of 5 (3,467 Views)

★★★ Novice

Informative video, shame to see apex's backend is that bad. This game should have definitely released as a beta version, as that's pretty much what it is at this point. Regardless, thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 5 (3,457 Views)

Connection to server timed out

★★★ Novice

I see this error to often, it appears only during the match. My internet connection is stable and I haven't any packet losses when pinging servers.

Message 4 of 5 (3,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MetallicTree Same error is coming on my screen

Message 5 of 5 (3,121 Views)