Error Code:leaf - connection timeout

by Bekhamz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error Code:leaf - connection timeout

★★ Apprentice

So i've been gathering some information about this , but apparently its a known issue since season 1 and i am not new to the game , i've been playing since season 1 , but this code never changed. (PC player)

Season 7 hits , hopes are high ,yet still getting the code , not to mention some of my friends in the same country gets the same error as well , so its not an individual problem.

I've tried every thing out there that is a possible solution, I even got my self a freshly new installed one /repaired it many times, had Google DNS ( wasn't sure about it but had to try for the sake of it ) cloud DNS , flushed DNS , chose different servers like ( Frankfurt - Belgium 1-2-3 - London....etc), changed game file location , sent it to an Nvme drive and still getting the same error after clicking ready and it never lets me in with the team i am playing with but sends me back to the start menu and they carry on, 2 to 3 times in a row then starts a loop in the starting screen with ( 6-9 counts and never lets me in to the server)

Dont get me wrong i like the game , i've been playing competitive since season 1, diamond every season since season 3 , but stuck in that cuz i am playing solo as no team would enter just 2 without the 3rd member for a couple or 3 games in a row , and i end up being alone hitting solo squads with the ridiculous matchmaking that this game have.

I've never had this problem with any FPS game before ( hunt showdown / Battlefield / Call of duty / PubG / Ring of Elysium ... and many many more fps games without this Error that happens before entering a match in only one game Apex legends.

Eventually i would give up on this , as its not enjoyable anymore, what bothers me is EA got some of the decent developers out there , i've played Battlefield 3 - 4 and V without any problem whatso ever in any server connection , yet this game is a mystery for me with this error that is from season 1 till season 7 that isn't fixed and no one shows the effort to fix it.

A decent reply for this from EA developer section would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Code:leaf - connection timeout

★★★ Apprentice

Connectivity issues are 99.99% of the times not on server side. So EA is unlikely to blame for this. If this was an actual server problem the forums would be flooded with this and the game would be dead and no streamers would be streming it. Seems like you have tried the official EA connectivity guide https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ 

I had packet loss issues in apex (not in other games) in about every 5th game for months and I tried everything on EAs guide, nothing worked. Now I found out that my modem router device did not have the current firmware. It is set to automatic updating but for some reason, it didn't update. After updating it manually I do not experience packet loss anymore. I can only imagine that the older firmware has caused a vectoring problem (no idea, just a wild guess). 

When i think back to when the problems started (I stopped playing for months) it pretty much coincides with the date of the firmware update. And to the question why it would only occur in apex: apex netcode is a bit chunky, so they have to do a packet split....and if there is a problem on a certain route for whatever reason it results in around 50% packet loss.

So everyone with packet loss....check your firmware on your modem router.

Good Luck

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (586 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Yet another disappointment, a post without a reply, as EA wont admit the issue is from their servers.

GG.

Message 2 of 3 (613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Connectivity issues are 99.99% of the times not on server side. So EA is unlikely to blame for this. If this was an actual server problem the forums would be flooded with this and the game would be dead and no streamers would be streming it. Seems like you have tried the official EA connectivity guide https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ 

I had packet loss issues in apex (not in other games) in about every 5th game for months and I tried everything on EAs guide, nothing worked. Now I found out that my modem router device did not have the current firmware. It is set to automatic updating but for some reason, it didn't update. After updating it manually I do not experience packet loss anymore. I can only imagine that the older firmware has caused a vectoring problem (no idea, just a wild guess). 

When i think back to when the problems started (I stopped playing for months) it pretty much coincides with the date of the firmware update. And to the question why it would only occur in apex: apex netcode is a bit chunky, so they have to do a packet split....and if there is a problem on a certain route for whatever reason it results in around 50% packet loss.

So everyone with packet loss....check your firmware on your modem router.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 3 (587 Views)