Error Code 40010000 (Item System Sync Failure) [Origin @ Win10 PC]

by Cyborella

Original Post

Error Code 40010000 (Item System Sync Failure) [Origin @ Win10 PC]

★ Novice

Yesterday (11/10/2019) i got kindly rewarded with a nice BSOD after Need for Speed Heat crashed during an online session while also being in a party.
After i got my rig back up and running i restarted the game again, and i continuously got the error code 40010000 and there is apparently little to no info about this?
Also something odd was that the sync status only reached 2/3rd of the entire bar during the 1st save game syncing attempt, and every other retry in that same current play session only reached 1/3rd of the total bar progress until it threw out this error.
I thought at first that it was my corrupted save game (Level 50, 4.8M cash and several custom WiP team cars gone) but when i started a fresh save game from scratch it still gave me that exact same error...
I did test my supposedly corrupted save game in Solo play and everything worked just fine, just the online mode gets blocked due to that rather pesky error code.
Does anyone else have this issue as well? If so, did someone manage to fix it/find a way around it?
I got this issue on Origin for Windows 10 BTW

Cheers,

Rose

Message 1 of 17 (1,968 Views)

Re: Error Code 40010000 (Item System Sync Failure) [Origin @ Win10 PC]

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cyborella there are loads of us with this issue. It not only comes up as error 40010000 but error 40080000 and others. Ps4 is affected xbox and pc. We are all in the dark at the minute, all we can do is wait im affraid
Message 2 of 17 (1,950 Views)

★ Novice

@xgods_glftx  So it is safe to say that it is an issue related on EAs side of things, as i did try multiple ways of connecting into the online mode. (Wired and multiple wireless connections)
And i was playing Need for Speed Heat since the very 1st day that it was fully playable trough Origin Premier (I had mine still running so i just went for it) But i never had this issue to show up until the game decided to grenade my PC yesterday, which surprised me quite a bit since i never got a BSOD from a game crash.
I also noticed that Need for Speed Heat has not even got any updates as of right now, which is a bit strange as i expected a Day 1 patch to be released but not even that got released. (At least not as far as i am aware)

Message 3 of 17 (1,943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cyborella yes i would say its an issue ea's side. Im hope tomorrow we get an update to fix or get some infomation from ea regarding why this keeps happening to people.
Message 4 of 17 (1,937 Views)

40010000 Synchronization error (PC)

★★★★★ Novice

So about an hour ago i lost connection to origin while i was playing need for speed heat. Than when i got back online, it said that my inventory did not match the one online and if i wanted to upload it online. So i clicked yes and than it says Item system synchronization failed. please contact customer support. With this error code: 40010000

What am i  suppose to do to play with friends now? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 17 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do not try to play online if you are experiencing this I have a complete loss of progress after this happened and I tried to play online it completely wiped me 

Message 6 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Re: 40010000 Synchronization error (PC)

★★ Novice

Same issue here on PS4

Message 7 of 17 (1,822 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Gman21227 I indeed got completely wiped. Fuuuuck
Message 8 of 17 (1,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep I got wiped as well all my cars and cash are gone progress and rep still there "ea response was to not play the game and wait for a patch"

Message 9 of 17 (1,793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I mean honestly that’s all there is to do I’m surprised that haven’t shut the servers down cause I don’t know how there gonna give me my progress back cause I remember on one game people were losing progress and they re rolled to servers a day or so before people started losing stuff after the patch 

I lost my progress 11/11/2019 rep 50 with 500k roughly in Rockville doing the last off road story race 

Message 10 of 17 (1,782 Views)