Re: Error Code 2396

by chuntery

Original Post

Error Code 2396

★★ Guide

Hi guys,

The problems with getting access to the game seem to be over but I am still seeing the occasional error message pop up.

I am interested to see if any one else is seeing anything similar?

When I finish a starfighter game or even move to a new screen I have been seeing the error Code 2396 - "Oops something went wrong"- message.

Is this a possible hangover from the servers being overloaded etc???

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @chuntery  have you tried our connective guide and see if that helps? 

Let us know what you tried.

That error code is not related to server capacity issues we had and was solved on the 16. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (356 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

Hi and thanks for the interest. I managed to get thru triple points Wednesday without a sign of that message. So hopefully its gone for good. When it did appear (previously) it was on completion of a game not during nor immediately before ...and I had assumed it was therefore not directly a capacity related issue?

I don't believe I have connectivity issues my end, though I can always be wrong Standard smile If I did then I would be struggling with other intensive games and applications.....and I am not.  Since the "capacity event",  I have been seeing that "connectivity" message in the top right hand corner of the screen suggesting that "gameplay may be affected" .....  but there has been no measurable impact on game performance. And that's what counts.  I can only suspect intermittent latency issues are generating the message ??.

Message 3 of 6 (348 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

Aargh, I see error Code 2396 is back today ... no connectivity messages though. The game did play OK.

Other strange things:

- one of my hero starfighters is locked ... although I have owned it for years

- all credits and crystals have been set to zero ... though they did return

Additionally I am occasionally seeing the message "some online features currently unavailable"  located at the bottom left hand side of the screen at the menu.

Message 4 of 6 (325 Views)

EA DICE Team
@chuntery quick question what firewall and anti-virus do you have? If it happens again could you try to disable them and try again and see if that helps?

/Atic
Message 5 of 6 (302 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

Thanks. I use Norton for both. Disabling AV can work in certain circumstances ... but consider  ....is it a coincidence that these "problems" (a strong word really) only appear to occur briefly after server disruption ? Error code  623, 918,2396 etc. As everything settles out and full services are restored it all goes away again. ..and gone it is!

Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)