Error Code: 216 - Trouble playing with roomate?

by ChrisMongloid

Original Post

Re: Error Code: 216 - Trouble playing with roomate?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Not knowing if this was due to some other yet unknown variables or not but, I've been able to play like x5 times more than before selecting Ping from Ireland. Used RivaTuner Statistics server to force frames per second (still getting the game to try and load up to 13k frames Don't know why. Opened ports, and maybe did some other stuff but now I'm re-installing the game... Let you know if anything changes. U think we all should make a proper complaint about our stuff to EA besides this so they may put more attention to this.

My error codes so far:
Message 31 of 46 (2,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[work around] 

My friend who gets error code 216 has found that changing the graphics settings once in game allows him to match up in multiplayer. It doesn't seem to matter if he up scales or downscales the graphics either, they just have to change. 

Message 32 of 46 (2,362 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks, I do change the scale often maybe that's something, re-installing did nothing, I've been playing more but then on map changes it kicks me to menu again, never been on a heroes Vs villains match or campaign :/
Message 33 of 46 (2,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay so I have tried with 3 people and its almost the same concept. The ping changing requires patience but it works. If you are getting error code 216 you should try changing your ping site. If you continue getting the error restart your game and when you come in immediately change your ping site and then search for any game. The next error code i usually get is error code 1066 which state " we cant find any available games for you ". This is a good sign that you are passed error code 216 and you should be able to join games now once you find a game. You could also join a friends game with no problem of the error code 216. Let me know how this works out for you all. 

Message 34 of 46 (2,235 Views)

★★ Novice
Since trying ping settings, I've played now like 75% of the time I spend on the game (was like 25% before and 75% on loading screens and back to menu) played heroes Vs villains and Starfighter assault, I can play kind of anything now, except campaign but I think that's some GPU problem of mine. Still kicks me most of the time it loads Kashyyyk but I've read that this happens to a lot of people, that map is heavy. Gotta tell you, all this playing has been on Ireland's ping, hope you try some and it works hopefully.
Message 35 of 46 (2,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Workaround for "Error 216"

1. Change Ping Point in EA accaunt settongs (in game). Thx to @Jbroo69

In my case it was Ireland (108 ms) or Germany (90ms). I guess game client take by default point with lower ping - some Europe servers for me, cos i'm from Russia.

So if I set some USA server, eg Ohio (192ms), I will be able to pass to game lobby with chance about 50%.

But this leads to another problem - very low ping, and it is difficult to find not an empty server. The second probably because of ping, or time zone difference.

2. Use VPN

In my case VPN to Germany. This solution is better, because finding a match is not difficult, but ping has grown from ~90 to ~115. Ping is certainly nasty but it's quite comfortable playing.

Another drawback of this solution is that most VPNs have traffic limits and / or paid ones.

Message 36 of 46 (1,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie
there is solution from this guy ZzZerks

Found a solution! There was always such a window with error 216. The decision is primitive and long, but it works. How do I solve the problem:
1) I go to the game
2) I choose any script mode of the arcade
3) After playing, I leave the arcade mode and start the network game
4) I run in 100% of cases
The next time you enter the game, repeat steps 2 through 3.
It's even a kind of warm-up, it suits me. I hope you will help. Good luck in the battles!
Message 37 of 46 (1,621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Your "solution" doesn't work.

This issue only happens when I try to play with someone on the same network as me. This is stupid annoying because I can't play with my roommate. 

Message 38 of 46 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me and my roommate  had the same problem, seemed like when we were both hardlined we could not play together but when 1 of us switched to wireless it worked. Maybe itll work for you

Message 39 of 46 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Did anyone ever figure out a proper solution to this?  Or does anyone have a suggested workaround that works?

This is still a common problem and by far this is the only game that has the most trouble with connecting online within the same household.  Tried forwarding ports, doesn’t work.  Tried starting a different mode and still run into the same error code.  Tried a different ping, and doesn’t work every time.  Replaced our router and still have issues connecting and get the same error.

Message 40 of 46 (1,262 Views)