Error Code: 216 - Trouble playing with roomate?

by ChrisMongloid

Original Post

Re: Error Code 216

★★★★ Novice

I am in the same problem now for almost 2 weeks, i cannot play BF2 without the error code 216. 

i have followed all the troubleshooting guides and forwarded my ports, but yet i can play battlfield 1 and 4 with no problems and also SWTOR so its looking like something isn't right with BF2.

also where have all the error code 216 posts gone? there was quite a few last week.

Message 11 of 46 (3,377 Views)

Error Code 216

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Ok.  Just like the subject line states.  Game played fine.  Then I updated and now I cant connect to ANY multiplayer games.  This is the SAME thing that happened in SWBF1.  Only EA never cared to even address a fix to it.  What the heck is going on?  Ive done all the updates, even tried opening the ports temporarily (cause im not leaving ports open on my network) and Zip.  

So before the patch I sat in empty lobbies.  Now I cant even get into one to wait to be disappointed that no one is playing.  

EA Can you please respond with what is occurring and dont link the troubleshooting guide.  Im not the only one having this issue.  I bought this game figuring to give it a chance even with all the negative hype.  Im about to demand my money back.

Thanks

Message 12 of 46 (3,381 Views)

Error 216

★★ Newbie

Just wanted a few matches but won’t connect to ANYTHING
Message 13 of 46 (3,380 Views)

Error 216 (Cannot join game)

★★★ Novice

I keep getting an issue tonight after buying the game today that i cannot join a game on BF2 on PC. i keep getting an error code 216 yet i can join servers on other games, whats the issue? its really stressing me out now!

Message 14 of 46 (3,326 Views)

Re: Error Code: 216 - Trouble playing with roomate?

★ Novice
I had this issue as well on Xbox. I checked my network settings via the diagnostics, and it said it discovered an issue with my NAT configs. I refreshed the options, rebooted, and got into a game right away. Annoying, to say the least.
Message 15 of 46 (3,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey man i think i found the solution and this is to everyone playing and getting this horrible horrible error code... The trick is to change the ping site which can be done if you go to options and then go to the EA account. For example me and my brother play star wars and hes in the room next door. If me and him are playing at the same ping site ( Ping site Virginia ) we get the error code but the minute I stay in the ping site Virginia and he goes to the ping site Ohio the error code goes away. I hope this helps anyone with this issue. It seems like a simple fix but one thats a little silly. Long story short... Change the Ping Site that you are defaulted at and see if it helps. It worked like a charm for me and my brother that both play on the same internet. 

Message 16 of 46 (3,282 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have also been getting this error message since day 1.

Went though troubleshooting steps with 3 different EA tech support members, which none of them were able to resolve my issues.

I got into games earlier today no problem, but back to Error code 216 tonight.

I have great internet and have absolutely ZERO issues playing any other game online.

Definitely a problem with EA servers.

Pretty disappointing after spending $80 on the Deluxe edition.

Message 17 of 46 (3,263 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am on PC and none of the 10+ troubleshooting options worked for me.

I am still getting the Error Code 216 consistently. 

Message 18 of 46 (3,261 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have you found a solution?
Message 19 of 46 (3,252 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have no ping sites in my options menu.
Message 20 of 46 (3,250 Views)