Re: Error Code: 216 - Trouble playing with roomate?

by Lordgianotti

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

There has to be, check under EA settings when you go to your options menu. A ping site will appear based on your location and just move it one over. It worked for me as a fix, let me know how it worked out!

Message 21 of 46 (3,013 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This seems to be working for me so far bud, thanks! 

Message 22 of 46 (2,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Have you tried this with 3 people on the same internet? I cant get my guy and his son on multiplayer, it keeps giving us the error. With switching the ping. It switches us back
Message 23 of 46 (2,788 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Im having this problem with ps4 pro
Message 24 of 46 (2,754 Views)

Re: Error Code 216

★★★★★ Novice

Its so random now.  It worked for a bit, then it didnt then it did again...then it stopped.  Didnt do a thing to settings or routers...didnt do A THING.  Nothing is working now...havent been able to play in days now.  PC...tried switching ping sites...nothing works.  Called Linksys and they say its EA servers and a proprietary problem.  Swapped out 2 different routers...still error 216.  

Message 25 of 46 (2,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem. Same household, good connection speed. Unplayable from within the same damn house. Utterly ridiculous.

ETA: We tried changing ping location several times, even tried switching to smaller game modes for lower network load. It never worked. I'm not exaggerating when I say we've wasted hours trying to get into the same match without one of us getting kicked. She'll never play this game again.

Message 26 of 46 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been getting the 216 error since the Last Jedi update. I usually have been able to get in after a few attempts including this morning.  Now, tonight I continue to get 216 errors when attempting to join multiplayer games from the virginia region. My internet connectivity is fine. BF II on PS4 Pro is not. 

Update: Ended up playing single player last night (oh joy!!) since I was never able to get around the 216 error within a half hour of constantly trying to get on a multiplayer game. This morning, I was able to get connected after the typical 3-4 tries. Any guesses on how this is going to go tonight?

Message 27 of 46 (2,625 Views)

★★ Novice
Bought the game yesterday and I've played in no more than 7 matches, sucks, tried opening ports and yesterday I tried ping settings, kind of worked, got into 2 matches correctly after the port opening and ping changing, then again the struggle. Today I've played again once but no real progress on this issue... I'm really glad but sad at the same time that I'm not alone in this x'D
Message 28 of 46 (2,565 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah. I've kinda settled into the mindset of...maybe it'll be working now...then I'll play. Or maybe it won't. Lol. It's so random. It was working today so far but last night it wasn't. I'm just glad I haven't tried playing in a lan game. Holy cow id flip out lol.

My wife has even gotten to the point where she asks me, Are you gonna go check if you can play? Lol.
Message 29 of 46 (2,557 Views)

★★ Novice

My settings wont even let me change the Ping site, *but it lets my son pick his*.  any suggestions anyone ? apparently only players replay to issues not EA 

Message 30 of 46 (2,413 Views)