Re: Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully

★★ Novice

Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.  (4294967287)

This is the error  I am getting everytime I try to installed Madden 19 on my computer.  

I have tried to manually reinstall DirectX by going into the games folders like another post of recommended. 

I have tried downloading DirectX directly from the Microsoft website and extracting it into the games files like another post said.

I tried following this video advice, but the only thing it did allow me to get into the game, but it never moved past downloading at 23% it was stuck there.  I played the entry game twice and was still stuck at 23% installed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=AzureCuzYeah

Message 1 of 6 (7,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

No, it didn't work, I tried it before I went to bed last night.  

I did eventually get it to work.  I went into the DirectX folder again and deleted all the CAB files, and told Madden to repair itself and this caused the game to download EVERYTHING again and not just to the playable portion like it would normally.  This seemed to fix the problem.  

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (7,550 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have also tried reinstalling multiple times, so many that I have lost count. To my knowledge, my computer is up to date on all its files for windows. I am also running Windows 10.

I also just tried to steps again but this time I disabled my anti-virus and still same thing as before.

Message 2 of 6 (7,263 Views)

Community Manager

@moniteau88

It is likely your antivirus is causing this.

Please temporarily disable your antivirus and any other security software and then perform a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once booted, right click and run the DXSETUP from the Madden 19 install location as an Administrator.

Try to play after that and let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 6 (7,247 Views)

★★ Novice

No, it didn't work, I tried it before I went to bed last night.  

I did eventually get it to work.  I went into the DirectX folder again and deleted all the CAB files, and told Madden to repair itself and this caused the game to download EVERYTHING again and not just to the playable portion like it would normally.  This seemed to fix the problem.  

Message 4 of 6 (7,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem...how do you get madden to repair itself?

Message 5 of 6 (7,221 Views)

Community Manager

@ShadowNinjaJD89

Just right click the game tile in Origin and then click Repair.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (7,180 Views)