Re: Error 9:0

by fiadhhh

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★ Novice

Im just restarted my computer and it works!

Message 101 of 618 (4,883 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

It's the second time I have the same "code 9.0" error in less than 2 months. It seems to happen every time there is an Origin update

The first time I had to reinstall everything from scratch, erase cache files and all the content I had. When I started to play again I realized I lost my lots, householders... Everything!

As I can see, there are many users that are encountering the same problem over and over again

It's not fair that us, the users, have to go through the same process everytime Origin releases an update. It's so frustrating to the point that it makes me not wanting to play again. 

Origin should make sure that all the updates can be done smoothly, which apparently can't. 

Very disappointed once more. 

Message 102 of 618 (4,878 Views)

Re: Download Error 9:0

★★★ Newbie

I went through the same error.. I've already done a clean reinstall of Origin. The problem was solved until it decided to update again. Then I've tried something that actually worked: open your Origin folder (mine is C:\Program Files\Origin) then type .exe in the search bar. do these steps with every executable found in the folder: right click > properties > compatibility > run this program as an administrator > ok

Message 103 of 618 (4,477 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

The same happened to me

So i unistalled and tried to reinstall origin

But now it gives the same error when the instalation process

i lost origin!!!!

Message 104 of 618 (4,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello I tried you steps and nothing works I can't access anything and I uninstalled Origin and can not get it back installed and now I can play nothing.I am really upset is there anything anyone can do?

Message 105 of 618 (5,061 Views)

Community Manager

@fiadhhh

As above and according to the following link, reinstalling Origin should fix this.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-Update-Problem/m-p/5937470#M250935

Let us know either way, thanks.

barry.png
Message 106 of 618 (5,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue. Tried everything I could find online to no avail. Have uninstalled all sims/origin related files on my laptop. I get as far as origin downloading screen but then get the error. I'm not techy so if I could please get a solution in simple terms that would be helpful. e.g. Step 1 - Press this button...

Thanks

Message 107 of 618 (4,436 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here. Clean install works once, then the same * just keep happening with the next update. Luckily, downloading the full installer always works.... yet.

Message 108 of 618 (4,649 Views)

EA DICE Team

@proghead

If it keeps happening during a new update then something on your system isn't allowing that update. Are you perhaps running any anti-malware or anti-virus software that could be blocking Origin?

Message 109 of 618 (2,244 Views)

★ Novice

Don't worry I've had this problem too. I had Sims4 and was playing for ages when it said there was a manditory update for origin.  I have tried uploading it again and again but error 9.0 keeps appearing. The help ive had from EA have not worked and if you found any way please reply

Message 110 of 618 (1,851 Views)